Custom Map #142: Assault 3 (fixed)

Started by AutoPost, September 03, 2011, 11:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #142: Assault 3 (fixed)

Author: J

Desc:
A new, improved and much harder version of Assault.

Micheal420

still easy if you put shields up but still a good map

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Kithros

I didn't stop it from firing this time - they just took too long to fire in general.

Personally, I would recommend not overcomplicating maps - there wasn't really any point to the whole overflow into anti-creeper so it can overflow back into creeper, I would have just used a normal emitter and have it start firing right away. This would have also made it unnecessary to disable shields/repulsors, I would consider disabling techs a last resort unless it's a map being designed with it specifically in mind (ie. an anti-creeper only map for instance). Oh, also, I probably would have made it decayable terrain along the entire line (along with possibly more layers of terrain), as it is right now most of the weapons don't really matter because you don't need to care about the bottom half of the map - you only need to save the bunker.

J

The best way for me was building a m-rift near the emitters. Then you could easily take out the emitters and some weapons.

Cavemaniac

I really liked this map - a nice blend of simplicity and complexity.

It kept me amused on a Sunday morning.

I was surprised at how harsh people's comments were.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

JmfR

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 12, 2011, 06:45:16 PM

I really liked this map - a nice blend of simplicity and complexity.

It kept me amused on a Sunday morning.

I was surprised at how harsh people's comments were.

I agree I liked it. the only times I have given a negative on a map is when they do dumb things like 10, 100 health emitters or throw You up against a nexus that goes live in five minutes with just blasters available other wise most maps have thier own appeal.