Main Menu

?

Started by Michionlion, June 23, 2011, 01:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

what does the GameState.dat file do in CW2?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Pyxis_GeeK

I would think it pertains to the unit locations, creeper coverage, etc of the save file. I could be horribly wrong though.

Grauniad

It keeps window size, location, menu music mute, etc... The options, in other words.

in general, an easy way to determine this is to rename the file, launch CW2 (or any other program) and observer the changes. Then you delete the newly created one if the game created one and rename the old one back.

Saves everybody some effort and makes you more knowledgeable. That way you don't have to imagine the wrong answer to give to people. :)

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Grauniad on June 23, 2011, 01:40:00 PM
It keeps window size, location, menu music mute, etc... The options, in other words.

in general, an easy way to determine this is to rename the file, launch CW2 (or any other program) and observer the changes. Then you delete the newly created one if the game created one and rename the old one back.

Saves everybody some effort and makes you more knowledgeable. That way you don't have to imagine the wrong answer to give to people. :)

Ouch. Yes sir I will keep that in mind.

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

i know.  but what else shout i say?
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

"Purpose of the GameState.dat file"
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview