scores not uploading correctly

Started by Dustin_S, June 24, 2011, 03:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin_S

I've been trying to claw my way back onto the leaderboards after an extended absence.  I played through the first four levels, breaking the top ten in each one.  I got to Cetus, got a score of 9492 (3:12) and hit "upload."  I refreshed the leaderboard...my name isn't there.  Given that I had uploaded four scores in the previous hour or so, I don't know why everything just decided to stop working all of the sudden. 

I decided to go on.  I encountered the same problem with Ara (score of 9085 (6:02).  But then I got to Corvus and my scores started uploading again (side note:  NUMBER ONE BABY!  Let's see how long that lasts....I give it a day).  I went back to Cetus and Ara and tried again, but still no upload. 

Yes, I'm using the correct patch.  No, my firewall isn't blocking the score going through.

MadMag

mthw2vc

This has been known to happen if one's connection has failed when one attempts to submit the score. In custom maps, a resubmit button will appear next to the map if this happens, but I do not think this is implemented for the original 55 levels.

Dustin_S

I've submitted the scores on the levels in question multiple time (more than a dozen for Cetus, less for the others.  just finished my third run-through of Octans.)  Still no scores.

It's been several hours.  the website responds just fine.  My outgoing connection is reading strong.  I think there's more going on than "the scoreboard never got my submission."

knucracker

You can send me your gameData.dat, the name you are trying to use to submit the score, and the map you are submitting it on to " support at kucklecracker dot com".  I can take a look to see why it isn't submitting. 

Btw, are you playing the mission and submitting, or are you hitting the resubmit button?

Dustin_S

i don't have a resubmit button (or at least, I can't find one.)  This is CW1, by the way.  I play the mission and submit.  WHen that doesn't work, I play the mission again, and hit submit again.  In Cetus' case, this has failed more than a dozen times. 

Thanks for the help virgil!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Dustin_S on June 25, 2011, 06:04:43 PM
i don't have a resubmit button (or at least, I can't find one.)  This is CW1, by the way.  I play the mission and submit.  WHen that doesn't work, I play the mission again, and hit submit again.  In Cetus' case, this has failed more than a dozen times. 

Thanks for the help virgil!
Do you have the most recent version of creeper world? If you don't have a resubmit button....
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Dustin_S on June 24, 2011, 03:57:45 PM
Yes, I'm using the correct patch.

If you indeed have the latest version (0572), you'll see a resubmit appear on the right when you hover your mouse pointer over the name of a map in the Custom Maps screen. This button will only appear for maps that still have a score to be submitted.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

mthw2vc

Quote from: virgilw on June 25, 2011, 10:13:32 AM
Btw, are you playing the mission and submitting, or are you hitting the resubmit button?
Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 26, 2011, 01:17:09 AM
Do you have the most recent version of creeper world? If you don't have a resubmit button....
Quote from: UpperKEES on June 26, 2011, 07:43:45 AM
If you indeed have the latest version (0572), you'll see a resubmit appear on the right when you hover your mouse pointer over the name of a map in the Custom Maps screen. This button will only appear for maps that still have a score to be submitted.
...While indeed this is true for custom maps, the map in question is Cetus, for which this functionality does not exist.
Quote from: mthw2vc on June 24, 2011, 05:04:47 PM
This has been known to happen if one's connection has failed when one attempts to submit the score. In custom maps, a resubmit button will appear next to the map if this happens, but I do not think this is implemented for the original 55 levels.

UpperKEES

Yep, you're right, I've been reading too quickly (and never replayed the story maps since the resubmit functionality was implemented).

Something that also may help is making sure a proper internet connection has been established just before submitting (by switching to your browser and refreshing a page). Some network cards go into power save mode after being idle for a while and score submittal will have failed before you are back online.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

If I remember correctly, I was having this same problem a long while back. For whatever reason, not all my scores always went through. I do not think there was an exact solution, except the resubmit score button fixed it...

EDIT: Yep, you can read about my plight here

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=3934.0

It seems very similar to your problem.

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.