Started by AutoPost, September 17, 2013, 09:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Corners

Author: bacura

Desc:
Corners

mj

Well, I think I could probably get under 15 minutes with care, but 7:05? I would love to know how you did that, bambam.

CtopherMI

After starting this one up and seeing how long it was taking I also am impressed by the 7 min time.  I'll have to think about this one a little while.  There are occasionally maps from bacura where I can cut the time down by several minutes from others, but more than half?  A new challenge :)

mj

well, I hope you do it, I would be curious to see how...

CtopherMI

Well, I'm not figuring it out, but looking back BamBam also killed some other scores that I thought impossible to beat, so there is a trick to it that I don't know yet.  I wonder if this might be a case where turning on double down causes the emitters to soak up more and make it actually emit less, but haven't tried it out.

Anonymeus

@frotzy

could you settle this one pls?

Frozty

Hmm... I downloaded and made a quick try... looks like a tough one.  I'll see if I can figure it out and post back.

Frozty

Played it a few times... 12:30 was a pretty clean run with a straightforward strategy (build up power and blasters until an efficient push was possible).  I tried a few different things too: a quick run to the middle (impossible), a push around the sides (not efficient), build up blasters and then overwhelm the middle as fast as possible (not possible faster than a proper buildup first, since that emitter can't be "capped" and there's too much of a field around it too quick anyway).  The main problem with all of these is that the creeper from the middle and the drip over the edges means you have to spend a lot of mana to just keep it at bay before you can really have enough surplus -- there isn't any to spare for those strategies. At 7 minutes I was still mainly just trying to gain strength in my defensive corner. Of all the scores I've seen that 7:05 certainly looks questionable. 

Once I was strong enough to advance, I feathered off a few blasters to fly over to the deeper ends and efficiently blast some of the deeper creeper there ahead of my main front, which I would bet is what gave my time an edge over the next-best scores.  That and I've learned that you can't just fight the creeper at near even strength to be efficient; you need to be strong enough to overwhelm it before you advance, especially on an open plain.