Custom Map #1104: Fraggle Rock Burner. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, March 13, 2018, 08:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1104: Fraggle Rock Burner

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 256x112

Desc:
So much land, so little omnis. What to do? Burn it!

GoodMorning

I'll mention that the rock burner tech is locked in, rather than (as I first thought) out.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Oh, please, tell me you didn't try to go through the paths.... I'm sorry. I thought the Rock Burner button was obvious :/
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

It might be obvious, but that doesn't mean I noticed it.

Given the single gem, I'd have expected you to just leave that tech unlocked. When it was locked, I thought you were just messing with our expectations in the description.

With that being said, I could have done it eventually with micro-hovering.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Me? Mess with people's minds? Good day sir. I said, good day!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Ok, I did this one and "won" but I'm not exactly sure what the win condition was... was it to mire a certain % of the land?

Interesting concept, and I enjoyed it. Really not difficult especially for your maps. Just quite different which is cool.  8)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

It was more of an interesting exercise for me :) I'm trying to be nice lately.

Johnny Haywire

Wow, if you're trying to be nice then it must be a trap! I'll check with Admiral Ackbar and see what he says about it. I bet he'll say it's a trap. Although, I have a friend who's kinda backwards and he'll probably just say it's a part. Or if you're into symmetry, I guess it's a trap part.

You, my friend, have some of the coolest most wonderfully brutal maps out there. Keep doing whatever the millions of voices that cry out in terror and are suddenly silenced tell you to do. It's working.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Oh, will do! I have a CW3 map that I'm working on. Should be fun!