Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9866: Assault

Author: wokstok
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Assault the fortress, but you'll need reinforced spores. #PlayAsCreeper

teknotiss

thanks for making this map, it is a fun one but would be more fun if the player could use the "push" tool earlier.

the one totem is a bit hard to get early, and so there is a bit more luck involved in where the creeper ends up than i would like.

cheer again though dude, PAC maps are great!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Martin Gronsdal

can someone explain to me, as to a child, how does one use totems and that green line? oh, can you actually explain everything? when to connect emitters and when to put them on 400, how to use the spores settings and digitalis.

other than that, I understand it all.

teknotiss

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 16, 2022, 11:49:17 AM
can someone explain to me, as to a child, how does one use totems and that green line? oh, can you actually explain everything? when to connect emitters and when to put them on 400, how to use the spores settings and digitalis.

get digi under the totem and it will get a blue circle on it.  then that totem makes the green arrow "push" tool actually push creeper and anticreeper around.

since this map has only one (hard to access) totem it is not a great example of all PAC maps can do really.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Khotekki

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 16, 2022, 11:49:17 AM

Another mechanic that isn't explained on PAC maps is digitalis in open spaces.  You can build digitalis on the open spaces.  If the digitalis is connected to your main network (it turn blue), you can actually destroy the digitalis(select the mesh tool and hit T, you'll get a red circle) in open space and it'll release all the creeper it's built up.  If you pause the game, and do this, you can immediately rebuild the digitalis and it'll spread; this allows you to build more and more in the open spaces.  It's a bit tedious, but if you can't use spores to cross a gap, you can use this to sneak under the lasers and advance. 

Martin Gronsdal

one can delete digitalis?

this game has more to it than chess. Mark my words

teknotiss

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 16, 2022, 03:28:48 PM
one can delete digitalis?

this game has more to it than chess. Mark my words

yes, press "T" and the Digi cursor (which gets bigger and smaller if you use "w" and "e" too) will go from white, lays down digi, to red, this deletes digi.

if you select an emitter or a spore tower and press "O" you select all of that type of tower.

and yes CW3 is very flexible... has anyone made a chess game out of it yet?

teknotiss

Martin Gronsdal

teknotiss

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 17, 2022, 08:04:31 AM
Thank you guys for all the advice!

pretty sure i speak for all when i say we are happy to help!

an extra tip for this map:

Spoiler
set those two spores in the bottom islands to target themselves and then leave them alone... they do a lot of damage by cutting off the SW and NE CNs' repeatedly!
[close]

Cesser

I get the two emitters at the top almost immediately nullified. Any tips about how to start, other than the spores self targeting?

teknotiss

Quote from: Cecienuk on March 10, 2022, 10:55:17 AM
I get the two emitters at the top almost immediately nullified. Any tips about how to start, other than the spores self targeting?

if you select an emitter you can then click another emitter and a line will appear between them.

this means the first emitter you clicked is now supporting the second.  this effect can be replicated later with more emitters supporting a single emitter, or you can set some to support one on one side of a base and the others to support another emitter on the other side of the enemy... but i digress.

with this map if you use the top emitter to support the bottom one (and let the spores self target too) you can spread digitalis around and block the nullifier from being used to kill the bottom emitter.  you might have to switch back and forth with which emitter is supporting which to prevent the nullifiers from being fully built, but i would focus on spreading digi in the south part of the north island first.

once that nullifier spot is digitalis covered do the same for the nullifier spot around the northern emitter and then go for the PZ's to get some spore towers going!

if you need more help just ask, i can go take some screenies from my saves and see if they help at all... 8)

i like this one a lot, even if it has a bit too much random early on, it is a really good #PAC map!

toolforger

The "power up the spores" mechanics is an interesting idea, but it just didn't work against powerzoned beams, so I reverted to simply pushing through space.
Which is a bit of a pity: Interesting new mechanic but it does not get used.