Latest Build 1.89 Steam

Started by knucracker, February 28, 2014, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

The latest build pushed to steam is "1.85 Steam".  It hooks up more achievements (see the achievements list and look for the *'s).  Linux build is now online as well.
The latest build pushed to steam is "1.84 Steam".  It hooks up more achievements (see the achievements list and look for the *'s).

Grauniad

wow. I had it up and when I closed it the download was so fast I barely saw it.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MadMag

Karsten75

I need you to take a look at this map. I'm playing it in Steam and getting around 18FPS?

Even  now paused it shows 22FPS.

knucracker

Right off the bat it runs at 100FPS on my machine (when at 4x) and a solid 30 fps when at 1x.  WHen paused it is at 120fps when at 4x.

Now I have just posted a new build, so look to see if you are running 1.85 Steam.  I didn't do anything that would affect performance,though. 
Take a look at your log file... that might shed more light.  My guess is that it is full of some message being printed out over and over...

Karsten75

So whatever it was, it must have been transient. I can now get 30FPS either in or out of Steam. I was paused in the game for a number of hours - maybe around 7 hours.

I can't match your 4x speed though... But that's a CPU limitation. I get around 78FPS and maxes out a single core at 29%.

Michionlion

Yeah, on windows I had some weird v-sync things, but it fixed itself after a computer restart, so it was probably something in the graphics drivers.  Anyways, I've been playing around a bit, and haven't found anything wrong with either the Windows or Linux versions.  Overall, I think we just need more achievements that are not grindy.  And maybe some hidden ones too, that would be cool.  If I find anything else while playing, I'll share it!
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

If you have any achievement suggestions, feel free to make them.  If you have a general idea for a type of achievement, that might be useful as well.

Good to hear you have success on linux...

knucracker

I've just updated the steam build.  I neglected to update the version number so it will still read 1.89 Steam.  I've hooked up 13 more achievements (I hope).  Take a look at the sticky achievements post.  Remember that any achievement with a "*" next to the ID is supposedly implemented.  I say supposedly because I coded it up but have note tested it.

The plan is to add a few more achievements tomorrow, then work on the steam key web page, then expand the beta to around 50 more people.  That should all happen this week.  The plan for next week is to submit the game for steam's approval and to continue testing in the mean time.

Grey Aside

So far the Linux build has been working fine for me on Crunchbang 11 (basically Debian Wheezy) on my little AMD E350 system. The performance is much lower than in Windows 7 x64 on the same system but I'm sure that is to do with the poor AMD drivers.The difference between the Win and Linux versions of CW3 are about the same as I've experienced with other cross platform indie games.

The only oddity I've encountered is if running full screen in a lower resolution than the desktop. When exiting a map the planet/map selection screen tends to scroll down - as if the mouse pointer is scrolling the screen southward.

I'll be getting the parts to fix my usual PC by the end of the week so I'm looking forward to 4x acceleration actually working. :-)

Tjgalon

Man, Apexian, was hard, no weapons, made it a bit difficult, but did it, and got the achievement. I got almost all the new ones updates, just a couple more have to earn in the proper places.

Btw, is there a place to view the Achievements I have earned?

knucracker

Quote from: Grey Aside on March 10, 2014, 09:31:12 PM
So far the Linux build has been working fine for me on Crunchbang 11 (basically Debian Wheezy) on my little AMD E350 system. The performance is much lower than in Windows 7 x64 on the same system but I'm sure that is to do with the poor AMD drivers.The difference between the Win and Linux versions of CW3 are about the same as I've experienced with other cross platform indie games.

The only oddity I've encountered is if running full screen in a lower resolution than the desktop. When exiting a map the planet/map selection screen tends to scroll down - as if the mouse pointer is scrolling the screen southward.

I'll be getting the parts to fix my usual PC by the end of the week so I'm looking forward to 4x acceleration actually working. :-)

Interesting about that scroll thing.  I wonder if that is linux specific or happens on windows as well...

knucracker

Quote from: Tjgalon on March 10, 2014, 11:56:29 PM
Man, Apexian, was hard, no weapons, made it a bit difficult, but did it, and got the achievement. I got almost all the new ones updates, just a couple more have to earn in the proper places.

Btw, is there a place to view the Achievements I have earned?

It is a limitation of the steam platform that you can't see your earned achievements until the game is released.  So, the only way to see them right now is for me to show them in the game.  Rather than spend any time doing an actual GUI, I just dump the list to the game's log file.  On windows, look here after you start or stop the game (I print out the list at game start and game stop).
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\output_log.txt"
(Note that this path might vary slightly on your machine... for instance no (x86) may be present if you are on a 32bit system).

Tjgalon

Thanks, and I thought something was wrong.
ACH_12
ACH_13
For beating the story mode as both the loki or Skar, Did not give an achievement.
[ACH_12] [Happily Ever Before] = False

[ACH_13] [The Dark Lord] = False

I just beat them both now and did not earn anything for them both.

[ACH_34] [Nip in the Bud] = False
Destroy a spore tower before it finishes building in Arc Eternal:Egos:Ruine. Very easy, and I have, while all were 54% from finished.
Uploaded a pic

knucracker

There was a typo that prevented the Arca achievements at victory.  I've just published an update that should correct this.  If you get a chance, try Arca again as each person and see if you get the achievmenets.

For ACH_34, you did not get the achievement?