Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1437: Good old times

Author: Xorgye
Size: 160x90

Desc:
A blast from the past.

Xorgye

My first map. I've been a long time Creeper World player with hundreds and possible even thousands of hours into this game...
But level designing is a whole other league :P

I think the map is currently a bit too easy and too straight-forward.
Tips how to improve on this are welcome.

n3s

For a first map this was really well done. I never would have suspected this was your first. There were some annoying parts but that's mostly because I'm not a fan of gimmicks or linear gated maps, which this map is both of those things, but it works and I beat it with the default loadout. It wasn't difficult but it wasn't fast, either.

I hope you make more (and some larger) maps, based on the potential in you this map shows. Good job!

Xorgye

To be honest, this map is from an earlier version of CW. But then you had ground based units only.
That map had a barrier that prevented energy to flow easely so you hat to strech energy supply a long way. Back then this was a real issue.

I tried to replicate those issues (of long resource lines) and the energy concerns to this CW game. By using the armor as a barrier and the swap emitters with the grabbers as energy lines.

But like many idea's, at the end you discover it involved 4 hours of work but the end-result isn't that good. I think it is over-engineered :P

O, and it is a fast map. I got 6:45 minutes. But i discovered not everyone has the latest Particle Fleet version that is needed for delayed emitters. And for it to be fast, you need to push. One other thing I learned from this first map is that my playtesting isn't the default because 9:20 is the average time.