Custom Map: Nice Job 22: The Artist

Started by AutoPost, June 29, 2010, 10:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palsh

Wow, I finally did it. I consider this map the hardest I've played so far, although, as Keep often stated for his maps, once you know how it's done, it almost looks easy...

I ran into starvation quite a lot and my advice to anyone playing this map would be to keep one and a half eye on energy depletion. Whenever possible, build energy generating devices.

Thanks for your maps UpperKees!

Palsh

UpperKEES

Quote from: Palsh on August 28, 2010, 11:35:54 AM
Wow, I finally did it. I consider this map the hardest I've played so far, although, as Keep often stated for his maps, once you know how it's done, it almost looks easy...

It was indeed intended as the hardest map of the Nice Job series, but as you've seen on the score board there is an unintended quick(er) solution. I still plan to release a harder version as the last map of the Hard Art series.

I ran into starvation quite a lot and my advice to anyone playing this map would be to keep one and a half eye on energy depletion. Whenever possible, build energy generating devices.

Yep, this is a good advise!

Thanks for your maps UpperKees!

Palsh

You're welcome! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 29, 2010, 03:05:13 PM
The good thing is that this map fits in nicely in the upcoming Hard Art series, so I'll definitely do a remake with the intended game play.

If you finished this one, but like to play the map as I originally intended, or if you skipped this one knowing there would be a remake:

Here it is: Hard Art 9: Firebirds.

It's an even harder version that doesn't allow for speed runs as far as I've been able to test. Enjoy! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview