A Tragedy Forgotten - A Five Part Map Series By Ebon_Heart and PeterPower

Started by Ebon Heart, January 24, 2012, 02:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

For anyone who signed up for playtesting, I won't get the map ready to test until tomorrow at the earliest. I'm doing the best I can, but I'm still a human and need sleep, and it's finals week. Luckily I don't have any hard finals this year. lol.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ebon Heart

The map is completely done and ready to go, any last minute play testers interested?
EDIT: I may need to tone down the difficulty a tad. lol.

Wheatmidge

if i play it now I will have to replay it when you submit it to post a score correct? I'm eager to try it. But not sure if I have the time to do it twice.

Ebon Heart

lol, alright. I really need some suggestions for right now as for how to make the start a little easier. After 10 minutes it's a little too brutal. :P The problem is... I can do it, but I know what's going to happen, and there's no good way to communicate to the average player what's going to happen since a lot of people refuse to read text. :/

Wheatmidge

Hmm, I should have tried the map before you removed it then. I would say just use text, if people are too lazy to read the text that is their loss.

Ebon Heart

haha. Sorry, when you said that I realized I had it there. It wasn't supposed to be there... just message me if you want the file to try out.

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Ebon Heart

Hey, ATF2 is done and out there. And it's amazing. :D sadly, I'm on the move right now, and it will be at least 3 days before I can submit the map at a minimum, but probably longer. So last night, before I left, I gave the map to Shroom_Agent to submit. If you message him, he can send you the map so you can try to get a score. It needs one score and he can submit it. Does anyone want to help? It will be appreciated.

Shroom Agent 27

Yes, Shroom Agent here. If you happen to beat the map, attached, submit the score and let me know.

Ebon Heart

We can call off the hunt for scores, I found a wifi network. And I'm about done and the map is going to be submitted soon. The final battle could go either way at this point. lol.
EDIT: dominated, even with a stray energy ball demolishing most of my reactors on the left side. (drone made a hole, and a bullet punched through) The map is in the que now and awaiting approval... big file.  ;D

TrickyDragon

love the series and i am offically signing up for all testing/idea bouncing you need ^^ (if i have the free time)   drop me an inbox and we will get right to work,  and if you really need help i will inbox you my # for texts
This is Life,  Life happens.

Ebon Heart

So... I'm not dead. In fact, I've been working on the third part of this series. I've posted some pictures of a very very early version of the game.

picture 1: There's a lot of things to note as soon as you open this map. For example, survival pods. You instantly know that this will be a problem. They cost 100 energy to save, and you have to do so quickly before the fire kills them. It is also important to note the parts of the buildings slated for destruction. But fear not, for you can combat this. The third feature is an anti creeper well that pumps "water" throughout the entire village. By digging through walls where the pipes connect, or by building shields and overflowing the pipes, you can douse the evil fires! Speaking of fires, look at the bottom of the map. There are 2 wizards, and 4 orbs. The wizards protect the orbs with creeper, and wizard on the right will try to destroy your buildings. The wizard on the left is one to be worried about.

picture 2: Not a whole lot to see... my stuff is getting destroyed, and I've built a shield in the upper right to burst the pipe and cover the buildings with enough water to ensure that I won't die.

picture 3: The wizard on the left comes into play, and wouldyalookatthat?! Drones. Who would have guessed?

picture 4: You're probably telling yourself, "That looks way too easy." Well... you would be right. Just wait... >:D

future: The wizards will have some cool field programming, mostly dealing with hurling fireballs everywhere. But very offensive things that will attempt to destroy the well. Notice that the solid terrain that makes up the well has emitters in it. If those get loose, you will have problems, since they will pretty much negate the entirety of your water supply in an instant. So protect that at all costs! The wizards will also attempt to hurl large fireballs at the weak spots in your walls that will be created by attempts by the gateways. This can be deadly for your poor survivors. Nothing is set in stone right now, but I have a concept down. This map definitely has the ability to meet the same high standards of the previous 2.

Wheatmidge

I had thought that you died. You have been missing for a while. I will be excited to play your map when you get it finished. The others have been great.

Emperium

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Emperium on October 14, 2012, 05:53:12 PM
Oh man... 9 months and only 1 map done and posted...
I've been a busy person. :P I'm doing the best I can with what free time I have. And no, not all of my free time goes to cw2, sorry I have a life outside of creeper world.