Synchronize CW: Chronom and CW:Evermore maps

Started by WiseSage, October 01, 2012, 02:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseSage

Hello. I've played CW:E for about an year before I purchased the game, and nothing made me so happy as Chronom. I have nostalgy for some maps, the first one especially. You know. But I couldn't find it no matter how I tried, and then... the drama: it appeared that Chronom and CWE "daily missions" are different.

May I hope they will be synchronized by the time?

By the way, thank KnuckleKracker for the brilliant game. I never enjoyed so much since 1995.

Nemoricus

The difference is deliberate, and I believe that they should remain so, for several reasons:

1. The RNG used to make the maps is seeded with different values, so all maps would change if they were synchronized.

2. Preservation of Chronom/Evermore high score tables. Change one to match the other, and one table is rendered entirely invalid.

3. Working on this would take Virgil away from his work on CW3.

Kingo

I agree, Chronom is really difficult to sit through with consecutive maps for me, but Evermore is really fun.
Maybe because a new map is generated every day?

Jacobkolstad

They both uses the same code to create maps I think... But do you mean making Chronom in Evermore so you have 999999999 missions there?

thepenguin

The point of separate generators is to give people a reason to buy the game.  This is also about two games too late.
We have become the creeper...