Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Blaze, I'm pretty sure if you read back through this thread there were a few unbeatable maps.

And someone has figured out the conversion between the character string entered and the numbers (I think it might have been echo51). So if you get the names of maps mentioned here that were unbeatable, then you can figure out their number.

But, OTOH, if you are just having fun, good luck in your quest!  :)

ETA: Yes, 132 seems pretty tough...

2b3o4o

Quote from: Blaze on March 17, 2012, 07:10:11 PM
Quote from: SmileyCoder on March 17, 2012, 05:45:28 PM
For an example of a truly impossible code map:

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7236.msg64824#msg64824

lalonde large/high

lol Alright, but I'm talking about a map where there is so much creeper that you simply cannot win, or where the creeper takes too much room.

And seeing as how nobody has said they have beaten 132 I'm guessing that it's the first one where all emitters can be reached, yet cannot be won.
That was a good challenge! The hardest part is the beginning, after you have enough energy you can use expirimentals. Here are some screens:
I might post a few more later...

mpete

for a truly impossible map
boo l/h
have ‼FUN‼
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Blaze

Quote from: 2b3o4o on March 17, 2012, 09:26:43 PM
Quote from: Blaze on March 17, 2012, 07:10:11 PM
Quote from: SmileyCoder on March 17, 2012, 05:45:28 PM
For an example of a truly impossible code map:

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7236.msg64824#msg64824

lalonde large/high

lol Alright, but I'm talking about a map where there is so much creeper that you simply cannot win, or where the creeper takes too much room.

And seeing as how nobody has said they have beaten 132 I'm guessing that it's the first one where all emitters can be reached, yet cannot be won.
That was a good challenge! The hardest part is the beginning, after you have enough energy you can use expirimentals. Here are some screens:
I might post a few more later...

Oh wow, looks like my search continues! :D
I tip my hat to you sir, just a shame I do not wear a hat, so, Congratz I guess. :P

CobraKill

Like mpete said: boo Large/high.

The only score it has it from a hacker. It's never been legitimately beaten.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Qla

I have beaten 132 h/l - thanks to 2b3o4o for tips how to start.
After clean the surface I destroyed the gates and emitters with the beam and used conversion bombs to take the creeper off.
It took me a little over 1 hour - it can be done much faster but I like to have some fun after I take the advantage :)
Will add screen later.

think rain farm - Large/High  - surface emiter 14M and gates spaming drone, no time to catch 1 gem.

CJY101

mara
You missed this one.
3.14159265 S/H
Many drone.
size:medium and high , If you think it is difficult, you can also join.

thank. ;D
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

Karsten75

Plasmapheresis  medium/medium. Too many drones right at the surface.

Wheatmidge

Plasmapheresis med/med should be doable. I do not get the whole drone evasion thing, but if you could dodge the drones until you have 2 blasters built then they can stop the drones. I hope someone who is good at the drone evasion thing gives this one a try.

Karsten75

Quote from: Wheatmidge on April 02, 2012, 03:06:29 PM
Plasmapheresis med/med should be doable. I do not get the whole drone evasion thing, but if you could dodge the drones until you have 2 blasters built then they can stop the drones. I hope someone who is good at the drone evasion thing gives this one a try.

Riiight.... :)

2b3o4o

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 02, 2012, 03:21:38 AM
Seriously???

2b3o4o

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 02, 2012, 03:23:53 PM
Quote from: 2b3o4o on April 02, 2012, 03:22:18 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on April 02, 2012, 03:21:38 AM
Seriously???

I still don't see a score on it...

That doesn't mean it's impossible, go pm Kithros and ask him about drone evasion. :)

Wheatmidge

2b3o4o If you are going to comment then could you please say something useful. You seem to say everything is beatable without ever beating the levels.

2b3o4o

Quote from: Wheatmidge on April 02, 2012, 03:37:30 PM
2b3o4o If you are going to comment then could you please say something useful. You seem to say everything is beatable without ever beating the levels.
It is possible to dodge 1 speed drones forever, and the creeper is no threat in this map.