Main Menu

Loki

Started by jase, December 29, 2009, 04:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Quote from: djcian on December 31, 2009, 12:46:29 AM
how come on your first picture your energy is 26+24.4.  did you hack the game?

LOL

Aurzel

why waist all that beautiful room on relays instead of collects <--- believes all space should be filled with collector green

redflame

i did it much easier build 2 mortars at the side's for overflowing and 3 blasters at the breach they make just enough room to make a collector that can reach thor
Dont trust who you cant trust.
Kick em when their down

Kamron3

Quote from: redflame on December 31, 2009, 09:02:12 AM
i did it much easier build 2 mortars at the side's for overflowing and 3 blasters at the breach they make just enough room to make a collector that can reach thor

We think alike, except for the fact of grabbing thor. I would plow thru the Creeper rather than grab and use Thor :)

_k

knucracker

In the old version of the game, energy was shown as what you collected total (26) and what part of that came from reactors (24.4).  This was removed in updates to the game since it provided no game value and just confused the living daylights out of everybody.  The old version of the game also had a limit of 16 packets per second that Odin city could produce.... so having 26 energy production in the old game didn't really help.  In the updated version of the game the limit is now 32.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on December 31, 2009, 10:37:33 AM

In the old version of the game, energy was shown as what you collected total (26) and what part of that came from reactors (24.4).  This was removed in updates to the game since it provided no game value and just confused the living daylights out of everybody.  The old version of the game also had a limit of 16 packets per second that Odin city could produce.... so having 26 energy production in the old game didn't really help.  In the updated version of the game the limit is now 32.

It's not actually production, it's dispersal. Right?

Also, I would like to know how much of my energy production is from reactors.  I imagine that collectors produce variable amounts, since they use their green zone, but that a reactor produces a constant number. How much that is, I don't know, but it can help in deciding when/how many reactors to build. I cannot imagine a commander in the field not knowing such an important number.

hapes

Just did Loki without using Thor and in the new version, Virgil has added a little message about how you're OLD SCHOOL when you do it that way.  Woot!

Also, you only need 8 blasters to cap all the emitters on Loki, if you can position them right.  They go on the top plateau on the outermost ridge of the cliff, 2 each north, east, south, west.  Linked to Odin City of course.  And getting them there is a bit of a challenge too.

thomaswarner

Quote from: Karsten75 on December 31, 2009, 10:45:59 AM

Also, I would like to know how much of my energy production is from reactors.  I imagine that collectors produce variable amounts, since they use their green zone, but that a reactor produces a constant number. How much that is, I don't know, but it can help in deciding when/how many reactors to build. I cannot imagine a commander in the field not knowing such an important number.

[/quote]
I'm pretty sure they make .3 each

Karsten75

Fixed your broken quotes so I think it says what you meant to say.

Quote from: thomaswarner on January 01, 2010, 05:05:09 PM

Yea, we have a whole thread about it.

thomaswarner

Quote from: Karsten75 on January 01, 2010, 05:14:18 PM
Fixed your broken quotes so I think it says what you meant to say.

Quote from: thomaswarner on January 01, 2010, 05:05:09 PM

Yea, we have a whole thread about it.
I coud't find it, that's why I didn't put the link

Aurzel

i remember the old energy + took me hours before it occured to me that it's collectors and reactors x.x

RG

Here is my attempt at Loki without Thor

25:15, I would have finished sooner if I had been paying better attention to my energy usage towards the end (I stalled right around reaching the last totem). Fortunately I managed to keep them suppressed with my bombers.

Oh yeah, and I did it with Double Down [ON!!!]  8)

Edit: just realized a possible bug, if you don't beat Loki using thor it won't be counted as one of your plays.

Aurzel

230 starvation wow o.o

RG

It's all relative really  ;)

Aurzel

relative to what exactly? o.o