Official Greenlight Topic for CW3

Started by knucracker, November 04, 2013, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

Seeing the variety of games (take a look at "Dadliest Catch http://store.steampowered.com/app/224480/"... can you honestly tell me that THAT is better than creeper world?) that are on steam these days, it will be incredible if they don't greenlight it.

Flabort

Well, that game is certainly hilarious. Watching a Let's Play of it now. So better than CW3 or not, it's still darn funny.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Kilobyte

Given its now on #6 i could imagine quite well that it is released in next batch :) - I kinda can guess how much work it might be to integrate steam, but who knows, i don't know their API. Anyways, lets hope the best

knucracker

Maybe, maybe not.  It was in the top 50 last time and was not released.  There are several good reason you could speculate as to why it wasn't released in the last batch, but your guess is as good as mine. 

That said, I do sort of expect it to get picked up this time or next.  I can't imagine games will float in the top 100 forever... eventually they will clog up the top 100 for everyone else so they must be cleared out.  And that is my best guess as to why CW3 wasn't picked up last time (And other lower ranked games were).

Jacobkolstad

Just a question, why can't we check the Greenlight stats ourselves?

knucracker

Valve just has it setup that way.   Only dev's can see the stats and only for their games.

The theory, I think, would be something along the lines of not wanting to affect people's choices by showing them other people's choices.  But the comments and discussions already do that...  For instance, you can look at the comment count and tell if the game is tracking highly or not.

Crimson King

If CW3 gets greenlit, would one be able to purchase the CW trilogy and get a steam key for CW3?

knucracker

If the game gets greenlit all existing customers (that have bought CW3 or the trilogy from here) will get a steam key for CW3 if they want it.  So if you buy the trilogy from here, that of course counts for purchasing CW3 and you will get a steam key for CW3.

Crimson King

I'm aware that one will get a Steam Key for a purchase made before CW3 gets greenlit. I was asking about purchases of the trilogy made after CW3 is on Steam.

Sorry for not being very clear in my previous post.

knucracker

That's a good question...
So my intent would be 'yes'.  It's only fair to give a steam key away for CW3 made after greenlighting same as before.  I'll have to work out the mechanism for doing that (the mechanics of how to issue the key), but assuming Valve allows it I'll do it.

Jacobkolstad

But, if you are not allowed to share the stats, and you are doing it.
O_O
What will Valve do if they find out?

pawel345

I don't think it's not allowed more like the stats are there for the author and what they do with it is up to them.

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

asmussen

Yup, it looks that way. Congratulations, Virgil!
Shawn Asmussen

thepenguin

Quote from: asmussen on February 19, 2014, 02:35:35 PM
Yup, it looks that way. Congratulations, Virgil!

Yeah, congrats V!  Thanks for confirming that, asmussen.
We have become the creeper...