Size: 129x255

Desc:

Martin Gronsdal

rennervate

lol - don't expect anything martin. I'm still practicing
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Martin Gronsdal

South west form Chinese letters that mean you like to s-d-mise hamsters and crickets

Loren Pechtel

Is this a trick map or what?  I don't even see a viable starting point.

rennervate

no Loren - no tricks - nothing hidden...
u got the tools - use them :-)

rennervate

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 20, 2022, 10:23:14 AM
South west form Chinese letters that mean you like to s-d-mise hamsters and crickets

of course that is intentional and that is also the truth

Feroperetic

Quote from: rennervate on June 20, 2022, 12:19:47 PM

Maybe you could leave some hints without spoiling everything? I'm really bad at these type of maps.

chwooly

I played this map and have determined that this is a lie, there is no way to cross the digitalis to get the final emitter, having only 1 guppy means you can't supply enough power to clear the digi and even using power zone relays it is too far to bridge. Once you move the 1 guppy you so graciously give we lose to forge since there is no other way to power it. So this is an exercise in futility, If you are trying to suck the fun out of a game this map succeeds.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

rennervate

Quote from: chwooly on June 21, 2022, 03:32:33 AM

I played this map and have determined that this is a lie, there is no way to cross the digitalis to get the final emitter, having only 1 guppy means you can't supply enough power to clear the digi and even using power zone relays it is too far to bridge. Once you move the 1 guppy you so graciously give we lose to forge since there is no other way to power it. So this is an exercise in futility, If you are trying to suck the fun out of a game this map succeeds.

Cheers

Just because you can't obviously figure out how to solve the map doesn't mean you should be rude.

to Feroperetic
Spoiler
the elevated bug nest has ac. start the chain reaction and wait until you can craft a landing platform with the terp
[close]

For the rude guy:

Spoiler
if the guppy is lost - you build a new one. insanely tricky
[close]

Spoiler
you can power the forge from one of the pz. indecently tricky
[close]

Spoiler
you can clean the digitalis with air units... that's so absurdly tricky
[close]

Spoiler
you use a terp to get to the last island on a pz... that's questionably absurdly tricky
[close]

@chwooly: reading this makes me really wonder what's going on with you

yak

I DID IT!!! almost 4 hours of hardcore play. loved since start, when pressure from 15 spores raining on you turtling without energy almost gave me heart attack. great map, scored 10 of course. loved ending trick also. if mid game harder would be even better, but i feel it would be hard to design. anyway i feel your best map so far. great stuff.

Feroperetic

Quote from: rennervate on June 21, 2022, 07:09:36 AM

Spoiler
the elevated bug nest has ac. start the chain reaction and wait until you can craft a landing platform with the terp
[close]

Aargh too impatient I guess. If you stop and take a moment (or more) to ponder why certain "tools" are available everything else logically follows. Thanks!

rennervate

Quote from: yak on June 21, 2022, 09:31:46 AM
I DID IT!!! almost 4 hours of hardcore play. loved since start, when pressure from 15 spores raining on you turtling without energy almost gave me heart attack. great map, scored 10 of course. loved ending trick also. if mid game harder would be even better, but i feel it would be hard to design. anyway i feel your best map so far. great stuff.

thx 4 the kind words!

rennervate

Quote from: Feroperetic on June 21, 2022, 10:37:30 AM
Quote from: rennervate on June 21, 2022, 07:09:36 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Aargh too impatient I guess. If you stop and take a moment (or more) to ponder why certain "tools" are available everything else logically follows. Thanks!

u're welcome

Martin Gronsdal

pants down one of the best maps I've played!

10 points and thanks for making it!