Custom Map #281: Progressor. By: J

Started by AutoPost, March 10, 2014, 02:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #281: Progressor

Author: J
Size: 96x84

Desc:
Four identical emitters, and all fairly weak, but they'll grow much stronger if you nullify others. Even if you don't nullify anything, they'll get stronger every 12 minutes. #Jmaps #TechLimits (will unlock more if you nullify an emitter) #digitalis #spores #CRPL Please comment!

RealAndy

I couldn't even nullify one emitter, seems way too hard, can't even think of how I could improve the situation.
Removing the limit on reactors and putting in a forge may help, but still seems impossible.

J

Just make sure you nullify at least one of them in 12 minutes so you can build more reactors before they get stronger.

Emitters left4321
Amt1+2t3+2t7+2t13+2t
t=floor(time/12) in minutes

So if you don't manage to nullify an emitter in 12 minutes, they'll get 3 times as strong!
If you nullify the top right or lower left emitter first, you get a totem for a forge, however you'd probably want to clear either the right or left side completely before unlocking the second totem.
The key to winning at the start is to start with a lot of collectors, then a few mortars to keep the creeper down, then build your reactors and then the rest of the mortars and all cannons. I wouldn't recommend using strafers as they use a lot of energy.

Helper

Quote from: J on March 11, 2014, 07:13:32 AM
If you nullify the top right or lower left emitter first, you get a totem for a forge, however you'd probably want to clear either the right or left side completely before unlocking the second totem.

I oops on my first try and took out the bottom right.
Going to restart and try getting that Totem going.
Tough, but fun.

J

Quote from: Helper on March 11, 2014, 09:26:06 AM
I oops on my first try and took out the bottom right.
Going to restart and try getting that Totem going.
Tough, but fun.
I went for bottom right first too, then did it counter-clockwise. As you can see in the scores my time isn't very good as I got the first totem very late.
Spoiler
After nullifying the second emitter, you get a bertha. It might be a good idea to put it on a PZ. PZ's are also a good place for reactors.
[close]