Custom Map #11087: Spore Hell. By: Ryier

Started by AutoPost, March 17, 2024, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11087: Spore Hell

Author: Ryier
Size: 64x256

Desc:
Do you want to hear the spore siren sound in your dreams? Here is the map for you >:)

Loren Pechtel

I'm not good enough for this one.  I can't get to the first spore line quite in time.

teknotiss

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on March 22, 2024, 06:54:35 PMI'm not good enough for this one.  I can't get to the first spore line quite in time.

yeah this one has me stumped too for now.. it goes in my " to be completed, or cursed roundly, later" list! ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

Spoiler
You need 2 CNs as soon as possible.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 23, 2024, 03:42:54 AM
Spoiler
You need 2 CNs as soon as possible.
[close]
That seems utterly counterproductive.  Build space is very valuable on this map.

D0m0nik

Spoiler
Hmm, seemed to work for me! You could possibly build 2 or 3 collectors and 3 reactors first but it may prove slower than building 2 collectors and a terp (which you need anyway, 2 birds one stone) and landing a second CN. A second CN gives 1.5 power! Either way it is possible to get up to the spores, build a nullifier and have a beam hovering about ready to use the PZ if necessary before the first wave.
[close]

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on March 24, 2024, 02:20:22 AM
Spoiler
Hmm, seemed to work for me! You could possibly build 2 or 3 collectors and 3 reactors first but it may prove slower than building 2 collectors and a terp (which you need anyway, 2 birds one stone) and landing a second CN. A second CN gives 1.5 power! Either way it is possible to get up to the spores, build a nullifier and have a beam hovering about ready to use the PZ if necessary before the first wave.
[close]
That approach seems utterly impossible to me.

However, I realized I was being too organized in base building, going for spots that took a minimum of terping but produced a mess gave me enough power.  The first nullifier took out 4 spores and from then on it was trivial until the top ones started to fire but everything in the upper zone is within pz nullifier range of another item, it didn't last long.  Then use one of those pz to terp a spot to attack the final row.

And I never needed another CN.