Main Menu

CW1 Energy

Started by 2b3o4o, October 27, 2011, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2b3o4o

I'm now distributing my map previews manually for added security. :)

Michionlion

there is a limit on how many packets you can send out (32 per update, update=0.96 seconds {i think}).  the deficit bar shows how many packets units are asking for but not receiving.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

mthw2vc

There are actually 2 such limits on depletion. One is at 20 (Although it is displayed as 21) and can be cured by building storage nodes. The other is at 32 and is the most OC can ever output under any circumstance.

PS: An update is 32 frames = 0.888 seconds, not 0.96.

For a more useful reference, collection is how quickly you are producing energy, depletion is how fast you are producing packets (Not how quickly they are being requested!) and deficit is the total number of requested  packets that could not yet be sent.

2b3o4o

Thanks a lot! That makes perfect sense. :) :)

Michionlion

Quote from: mthw2vc on October 27, 2011, 07:20:03 PM
There are actually 2 such limits on depletion. One is at 20 (Although it is displayed as 21) and can be cured by building storage nodes. The other is at 32 and is the most OC can ever output under any circumstance.

PS: An update is 32 frames = 0.888 seconds, not 0.96.

For a more useful reference, collection is how quickly you are producing energy, depletion is how fast you are producing packets (Not how quickly they are being requested!) and deficit is the total number of requested  packets that could not yet be sent.

oh duh...  totally forgot about on-board collection and storage and stuff....
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!