"Context Sensitive Build keys"?

Started by Playingood, October 08, 2013, 08:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playingood

I would wish to inquire about what the "Context Sensitive Build keys" option is for in the controls if you scroll down. All the default bindings seems to be "Alpha1" to "Alpha8".

Any help would be appreciated as I would love to have a context-sensitive building mode! Thanks!

Grauniad

Build keys that are only active when the appropriate tab (Structure, Weapons, Titans, and Orbital) is displayed are context sensitive (or vice versa - you'd have to experiment). If they are not context-sensitive, you can build whatever is associated with that key regardless of whether the appropriate tab is displayed.

Alpha 1 and Num 1 indicates whether the "1" key is the one on the alpha-numeric keys (typically the top row of a keyboard) or whether they are on the Number pad (typically a square pad of numeric keys on the left of the keyboard), respectively.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

J

Note that the secondary key bindings are never context sensitive if I remember correctly.

Playingood

Thank you very much! That solves the confusion I had. With the labelling, I thought at first it were the equivalent of the context tool in Terraria (using the SHIFT key) where it would choose the appropriate building with a key.

Everything makes sense now. :)