Suggestion: Moving units and static upgrades

Started by Jaws, September 30, 2019, 01:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaws

So, I've got two suggestions, which I'll deal with separately. I'm not sure about coding etc, that's not really my thing. I'm mainly thinking of how CW3 works, so some of this might be irrelevant depending on the planned mechanics for CW4, which I admittedly haven't paid attention to.

Suggestion one: moving units. There are moveable units, which is great, but in the Creeper World universe, you've got space travel, time travel, advanced technology, etc. But there's no way to move large, static units. I'm mainly thinking of the forge and Bertha. So, why not have a unit that is costly to build, but can move those large, static units? Let's say you built the Forge in one spot, and then ten minutes of gameplay later, you take/create a PZ and you want to move it there, but without losing your upgrades or the fact that you built it. Another option might be to have a rebuild option that takes energy to move a unit from one place to the next, say if you had energy cost that's a particular percentage of the object you're moving.

Suggestion two: rather than having the forge at all, have buildable static units and/or make the units themselves upgradeable in a way that accomplish the same upgrades that the forge gives. That would limit by itself how far you can upgrade something without adding a unique game mechanic if they were static units, more consideration would come into play with making units upgradeable.

harrymcb

the upgrade mechanics in CW4 will be more similar to PF than CW3. there are "ERNS" you pick up to upgrade tech. also there are very few times that moving something like CW3 forge or bertha is needed. but with custom units it would be possible