Main Menu

Benchmark results

Started by Grauniad, November 08, 2013, 11:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Note: Today (Aug 18th, 2020) I found this topic so broken that I don't even know how to begin fixing it. It seems something, somewhere along the line, has broken image imbeds. Sorry.

I thought I'd post a topic for benchmarks. That way Virgil has a place to post the performance of his current and new machine and to compare it with other contributors to this thread.

For this benchmark I use/recommend the Passmark Performance tool that has a free 30-day grace period.

The how-to:

Download the performance tool and install it.
Run the performance tool and then submit your baseline result to the PassMark site. Follow the link on your screen!
From there you can get the necessary BBCode to copy and past in your post here.

Benchmarks contributed:

miquelfire

Shadowdragon7015

Karsten75 partial rebuild 06/15/2018

:B 

Bardel

VirgilW (new build on 11/21/2013)

MadMag:

Helper:

J (new laptop 6/7/2015)

Allu (SSD enabled):

Grauniad (SSD enabled)

Grayzzur:

Grauniad (HDD instead of SSD test):

Allu:

Karsten75:

Wheatmidge

miquelfire (home):

Virgilw (Old development machine - retired 11/21/2013).

miquelfire (work):

Echo51:

CobraKill (New laptop):

Wally:

Blaze:

Michionlion:

Mr. H.

J:

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MadMag

Here is my soon to be replaced Monster :)

Grauniad

CobraKill

Quote from: MadMag on November 08, 2013, 12:02:41 PM
Here is my soon to be replaced Monster :)

Can I have it once you replace it? :P
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

knucracker

Here is my current system... the one I developed CW2 and CW3 on:

Here is the background music to go with the results:

MadMag

Amazing what you can do with a dinosaur :)

Grauniad

Quote from: virgilw on November 08, 2013, 01:14:31 PM
Here is my current system... the one I developed CW2 and CW3 on:

Interesting, if you follow the link and click through on your old graphics card, the Passmark numbers that come up afterward rate the GTX 770 nearly identical in value for money as your current card, but at about 3x the performance. The only card that shows better value is the GTX 760 that you didn't want. :P

knucracker

The 770 gave me an extra $50 off the nvidia shield ($100 off rather than $50 off with the 760).  That probably swings the overall value back to around the same as the 760.

Grauniad

You can justify the Shield as much as you want...

Grauniad

A thought just came to mind. We should divide the price by the passmark rating to arrive at a value-for-money measurement.  :) TO further enhance that, we can then multiply the VFM measurement by the number of months that system has been in use. It will totally discrimiminte against those who build awesome machines and then replace them within a year. :P

miquelfire

My machine at work. I love the disk set up on it, that's the only reason I'm posting it.

Blaze

I probably lost points on the CD/DVD test seeing how I still don't have my drive hooked up. ::)
The Graphics tests were amusing to watch. Giant jellyfish in space... :D

Also it says my CPU was measured to be 2.60 GHz, yet I used the built in overclock (since my BIOS is locked) and it said it's up to 4.0 GHz and I have it set to clock up that high as needed...
I have it set to clock down to 2.0 GHz, or 50% when not needed, might retake and have it locked at 4.0 GHz and see if it says different.
Nevermind, looked at the CPU details and it shows the multiplier correctly.

Michionlion

And here's mine...  I'll be build a desktop later this year (this is a laptop), probably following some of your guys' directions and information.  I don't think this is too bad for a laptop.

BTW, blaze, your PC should be much better than that, you probably have something that is bogging everything down...

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

It's that Intel HD 3000 graphics that's the real hit on your performance - and whatever it is you have in there for a hard drive. For some reason the hard drive is not listed on the benchmark statistics.

Michionlion

Quote from: Grauniad on November 09, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
It's that Intel HD 3000 graphics that's the real hit on your performance - and whatever it is you have in there for a hard drive. For some reason the hard drive is not listed on the benchmark statistics.

Indeed.  My laptop model has an optional radeon card, but I didn't know enough when I bought it to chose that...  You don't know how many times I've berated myself over that.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!