Main Menu

Computer problem

Started by yum-forum, October 02, 2016, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

With PF via Steam I have a problem:

When exit game (in "story" or "exchange") on stage "jumping" no changes on screen for 5-10 min. I have to restart computer every single game. What it can be? With CW1, CW2 and CW3 (not via Steam) no problem at all.
Please, help me!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Sorrontis

Try reinstalling.

Also, give us some more details about your computer.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

It may be that what you see is an issue with Steam Cloud Synchronization.

You can turn it off (Google for specifics) or you can set Steam to play in offline more. It may not update the game when Virgil push updates, but it may fix what you see.

GoodMorning

Your issue may be related to this.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 04, 2016, 08:03:03 AM
Your issue may be related to this.

Yes. Exactly this problem.
After increasing video adapter memory became more bad: game (in "story") became crash (files in attachment).
last

knucracker

Disable the steam overlay and see if that helps.  The steam overlay uses graphics memory...
That would also be a difference between the full game and the demo (the demo wasn't on steam).

yum-forum

Quote from: virgilw on October 05, 2016, 10:51:06 AM
Disable the steam overlay and see if that helps.  The steam overlay uses graphics memory...
That would also be a difference between the full game and the demo (the demo wasn't on steam).

Sorry for questions.
How "Disable the steam overlay"?
Is it possible play PF directly not via Steam?
last

Karsten75

Quote from: yum-forum on October 05, 2016, 11:44:25 AM

Sorry for questions.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Disable+steam+overlay

MizInIA

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 05, 2016, 12:17:25 PM
Quote from: yum-forum on October 05, 2016, 11:44:25 AM

Sorry for questions.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Disable+steam+overlay

LOL I have always wanted to use lmgtfy but have never gotten up the nerve.

yum-forum

I installed version 1.0 (not via Steam), apgraded 2 times videoadapter. Became much more better,
but after 1-2 hour playing game crash or if I exit game - no response of computer. It was 3 times.
One of error log in attachment.

P.S. Again after finishing map and time submittig (exit to menu) computer stoped (no responce) on stage of "jumping". No logs in this case.
last

yum-forum

New problem (perhaps related previous one):
when I work in editor about 1 hour and exit to menu on stage "jumping" PF program became "no response" and I have to close it and start again. It was till now 5-6 times and no error log files.
last

Karsten75

Quote from: yum-forum on October 09, 2016, 11:32:31 AM
New problem (perhaps related previous one):
when I work in editor about 1 hour and exit to menu on stage "jumping" PF program became "no response" and I have to close it and start again. It was till now 5-6 times and no error log files.

Even if no specific errors occur, there is *always* a log file. Next time, locate it and upload it here before you restart Particle fleet.  In the mean time, save often! :)

Also, download and install Piriform Speccy. Post a screenshot of the overview (summary) page.

yum-forum

Sorry, how (where)  to locate log file?
last

chwooly

Quote from: yum-forum on October 09, 2016, 11:41:22 AM

It should be in your "Steamlibrary\steamapps\common\particle fleet emergence\particlefleet_data Directory.

File name is output_log and should have the current data and close to current time.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Karsten75

Quote from: yum-forum on October 09, 2016, 11:41:22 AM

Right above your post. Stickied, highlighted. Includes locations for Steam and non-Steam.