Custom Map #9765: Oberbrombach(GER). By: AlexX

Started by AutoPost, December 06, 2021, 09:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9765: Oberbrombach(GER)

Author: AlexX
Size: 256x240

Desc:
Big Map.

D0m0nik

I like a big slog now and then but this would be improved with some pick ups as you progress to help things along. After clearing the bottom third I nearly gave up out of boredom. With a set number of units you end up just following your PZ bertha around, not challenging, just repetitive. Increasing the units as you progress would allow you to at least fight on a few fronts.

rennervate

Quote from: D0m0nik on December 07, 2021, 12:39:58 AM
I like a big slog now and then but this would be improved with some pick ups as you progress to help things along. After clearing the bottom third I nearly gave up out of boredom. With a set number of units you end up just following your PZ bertha around, not challenging, just repetitive. Increasing the units as you progress would allow you to at least fight on a few fronts.

thanks for your comment. I will pay attention to this next time.
AlexX
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

Sorry I was a bit critical, I enjoyed the map, the terrain was great. Thanks for making it!

yum-forum

Map design so interesting that I will create my version of this map with using MPZ (Movable Power Zone) Concept.  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

rennervate

Quote from: yum-forum on December 07, 2021, 05:07:19 AM
Map design so interesting that I will create my version of this map with using MPZ (Movable Power Zone) Concept.  :)
yum-forum... my favorite Map Designer!
... you definitely do better
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

Helper

Quote from: rennervate on December 07, 2021, 06:44:49 AM
Quote from: yum-forum on December 07, 2021, 05:07:19 AM
yum-forum... my favorite Map Designer!
... you definitely do better

The collaboration of you two sounds like some big fun on the way.
I'll look forward to it.

If you two are taking special requests, I'd love to see more Totems (Aether GOOD!).
Thanks,
H234

teknotiss

Quote from: rennervate on December 07, 2021, 04:00:36 AM
Quote from: D0m0nik on December 07, 2021, 12:39:58 AM

thanks for your comment. I will pay attention to this next time.
AlexX

i agree with the "some pickups" for more weapons... once i have established i am safe on this sort of game and have a working attack (follow PZ bertha from emitter to emitter in this case) i usually give up and do not finish the map... if i am kept interested with more weapons i can gather to speed the end game i will usually finish the map.

cheers for making maps dude, this one was a good one except for the lack of weapons.... more cannons and mortars would be the main thing for me but more mines for AC would be good and some extra strafers in the mid late game would be nice!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on December 07, 2021, 05:38:45 PM
...and a partridge in a pear tree....

;)

arghhh not in here too!

i don't mind the family bit but a lot of christmas is too annoying for me!  carols being one of those things... too many cold snowy evenings tramping about in the dark "singing" carols with my mums church put me off them!  most of the congregation could not carry a tune if it had handles...  ;) 8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Helper

Quote from: teknotiss on December 08, 2021, 06:47:51 AM
most of the congregation could not carry a tune if it had handles...  ;) 8)

Ain't that the truth!
LOL!

marvinitfox

. too many cold snowy evenings tramping about in the dark "singing" carols with my mums church put me off them!  most of the congregation could not carry a tune if it had handles...  ;) 8)

Just move to Australia or SouthAfrica, and i absolutely guarantee you will *never* experience a "cold snowy evening tramping about in the dark" in the christmas season.
White christmas is possible, but only if there was a another countrywide wildfire.

(looks across to the thermometer.. 37C today, exactly blood heat)

Moral of the story: Count your blessings.
And do not mistake blessings for curses, even if they get a bit tedious.

teknotiss

Quote from: marvinitfox on December 09, 2021, 01:06:11 AM
. too many cold snowy evenings tramping about in the dark "singing" carols with my mums church put me off them!  most of the congregation could not carry a tune if it had handles...  ;) 8)

Just move to Australia or SouthAfrica, and i absolutely guarantee you will *never* experience a "cold snowy evening tramping about in the dark" in the christmas season.
White christmas is possible, but only if there was a another countrywide wildfire.

(looks across to the thermometer.. 37C today, exactly blood heat)

Moral of the story: Count your blessings.
And do not mistake blessings for curses, even if they get a bit tedious.

it was 8C today... felt like 1C with the wind and rain though...

not sure there are many blessings... flooding can be as bad as wildfires in my experience!  ;) 8)

moving uphill soon though, so at least i will be able to watch the valley dwellers floating about at some point!  ;D ;D ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on December 08, 2021, 07:48:08 AM
most of the congregation could not carry a tune if it had handles...  ;) 8)

Ain't that the truth!
LOL!

;) ;D

you know what is worse for a 7 year old though?

having a mum who has a stronger and better voice than most opera singers (she can sing Soprano and Coloratura Soprano parts for fun!!!) who is the only actual voice you can hear over the mumbling, groaning and out of tune squealing/squeaking of the rest of them!

V embarrassing!  :o