Custom Map #727: 128 x 128. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, April 08, 2017, 06:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #727: 128 x 128

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Are you kidding me Sorrontis? What's wrong with your head!? New Amp Gem Spawn or New Ship Design every 45s. How fast can you beat this map? #GiantShip #PRPL

Sorrontis

For those wondering ... that ship, takes 32 pages in my OpenOffice (font size 12) - Also, not allowed to upload to the ship database ;)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Bluepikmin64

Maybe it's a glitch, but the ship loads in as a golden color. I don't know how to insert an image, so I just have a download of the screenshot.
"They named us the Straxoi, the blind. They named themselves the Seloi, the enlightened. . . I leave this message for whoever's next. When the time comes. . ." ~ Unknown source

Bluepikmin64

Also, this just occurred to me. Some of the angles this ship has unnatural angles, well for the game that is. It doesn't heal properly as well. It's almost as if the ship is multiple ships juxtaposed on top of each other, one slightly to the left or right of the other.
"They named us the Straxoi, the blind. They named themselves the Seloi, the enlightened. . . I leave this message for whoever's next. When the time comes. . ." ~ Unknown source

GoodMorning

In the map screenshot, the ship hull is invisible. That, combined with an active shield, would make for the appearance of gold hull.

Sorrontis

Yep, that's the shield. The hull doesn't show up. Don't place any ships, the gold will disappear.

As for the giant ship, it's 128 x 128 - all angles are natural angles within the game. It heals exactly how it's supposed to when you play with the Ship Spawner properties :)

Keeper Decagon

An interesting concept, and a fun map. :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

bgzzz

I dont get how to beat this level.

I was able to destory the south-east emitter and mine, but the enemy grows so quickly I cannot take the mine.

any tweak ?

Sorrontis

It's a tough one. I don't remember how I beat it a year ago. You do have more and more and more ships, so you get to assault the big guy more. You have to some how prevent the healing process with enough fire power.

bgzzz

I guess this is the key to win, but there's not enough energy with the single mine (even with the tech) to support all the ships.....

I'll try again and see if I'm luckier

GoodMorning

As far as I recall, it was a matter of getting a fleet together, then doing some ramming to cut off a section. It's much cheaper to keep a breach open than to make it - it's being repaired from both sides, rather than the entire front. Also, the targeting gets better.

Lisimba

Tips:
Spoiler
You have to starve the big ship of energy. It may look like all your shooting isn't doing much but once its energy tanks go empty it starts repairing a lot slower, and firing slower too. You can get to this point fairly easily even while the enemy has all its energy mines.
[close]
Spoiler
The hatchet ships are good for cutting off parts. Park the long side right at the edge of the map. You have to find good locations to do this.
[close]
Spoiler
The top left is where the large ship's bridge is. It's much better defended than the other corners. Leave it for last.
[close]
Spoiler
If you cut one of the non-bridge corners off on both sides, it'll explode because it's no longer connected. That's how you get rid of them. If that blows up your hatchet ships too, well, they're disposable. Build more. Put a gem in move and build speed, too. If the big ship grows back too much, cut it again.
[close]
Spoiler
Once you blow up a corner, take over its energy mine and don't let go of it. This considerably weakens the big ship because it can no longer refuel from it, and you get much more energy *and* more room to build your own ships in.
[close]
Spoiler
Once you control the non-bridge corners, the bridge basically just crumples because it has no energy. Mop it up and win.
[close]