Targeting weapons

Started by chwooly, March 05, 2020, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

1 of my biggest dislikes across the CW world is the complete lack of targeting weapons other then the Bertha, Will this be addressed in the newest version? IE will I be able to target with mortars at the very least?

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Builder17

In some cases, moving mortar to another position, ex. further away from creeper might help. But void, walls, many units can block space making this strategy ineffective.

Do you have any specific case where manually setting mortar target would be useful and not feel like micromanaging? :)

chwooly

I was re-playing #7560 and there where lots of little cracks, So the mortar would jump around because the cracks would fill and meet the targeting requirements, But I wanted to just have them hit the emitter itself, So it got me thinking about how the bertha is both self targeting and manuel targeting and how it would be nice to be an option on the mortar, You are correct that if it was the only option it would be way to much micro management but if you could toggle it then it would not be. At least I think so

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Builder17

Quote from: chwooly on March 06, 2020, 08:49:04 PM
I was re-playing #7560 and there where lots of little cracks, So the mortar would jump around because the cracks would fill and meet the targeting requirements, But I wanted to just have them hit the emitter itself, So it got me thinking about how the bertha is both self targeting and manuel targeting and how it would be nice to be an option on the mortar, You are correct that if it was the only option it would be way to much micro management but if you could toggle it then it would not be. At least I think so

Cheers

Thank you for clarification. :)