Price

Started by MadMurphy, October 04, 2013, 08:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMurphy

I was surprised at how low the price was for this game. Figured it would be at least $30.

What did everyone else expect the price to be for CW3?

Cavemaniac

Quote from: MadMurphy on October 04, 2013, 08:00:15 PM
I was surprised at how low the price was for this game. Figured it would be at least $30.

What did everyone else expect the price to be for CW3?

Well, CW2 was $10 - and CW3 is way more complex so I was expecting $20.

So $15 is a bargain!

It's especially good value if you buy the trilogy all at once!

Considering how cheap Virgil has managed to make this, everyone can afford to buy a friend a license so they can share the joy of Creeper bashing!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

GoofBall

I was expecting about $15 but with first 2 payed for i was hoping for $10 :-\

Michionlion

Actually, I got a comment on my stream complaining about how expensive it was... I was quite surprised.  For my own opinion, if you can't find $15, then you probably don't have a computer anyways.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Michionlion on October 04, 2013, 10:07:03 PM
Actually, I got a comment on my stream complaining about how expensive it was... I was quite surprised.  For my own opinion, if you can't find $15, then you probably don't have a computer anyways.

People love to complain.

I work in a camping store.

People complain about the prices.

My first sleeping bag cost a week's pay 28 years ago.

The same sleeping bag is NZ$90 (US$75) today.

I wouldn't work for a week for $90 these days.

You couldn't buy the materials to make one for $90.

People love to complain...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

4xC

Considering the exponential increase of worth between games, the current price looks just about right if not generous.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

I read this and I was in chat when another person complained that Virgil made the game to cheap.  I thought about it for a while, and here's my opinion of this. Virgil isn't pricing the game for the established fans of the CW franchise - those will pay substantially more, since they know how much value they get. Instead, Virgil is pricing it to attract the vast majority of gamers out there who has NOT bought a previous game in the series. For these people it's easier to risk $15 than it is to risk more. And there are more of them, so they are more important.

If you're one of those that think the game is too cheap, that's fine. Either consider that you're getting a loyalty discount, or buy another copy and give it to a friend or a random stranger on the Internet. That way you pay it forward, put your money where your mouth is and increase the popularity of a fine game.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kharnellius

Quote from: Grauniad on October 05, 2013, 12:49:50 AM
I read this and I was in chat when another person complained that Virgil made the game to cheap.  I thought about it for a while, and here's my opinion of this. Virgil isn't pricing the game for the established fans of the CW franchise - those will pay substantially more, since they know how much value they get. Instead, Virgil is pricing it to attract the vast majority of gamers out there who has NOT bought a previous game in the series. For these people it's easier to risk $15 than it is to risk more. And there are more of them, so they are more important.

If you're one of those that think the game is too cheap, that's fine. Either consider that you're getting a loyalty discount, or buy another copy and give it to a friend or a random stranger on the Internet. That way you pay it forward, put your money where your mouth is and increase the popularity of a fine game.

Lol, I just ended up buying the trilogy as a "tip" to the V man.

I honestly thought the game would be $25, no less than $20.  $15 is one nice lunch, or two crappy McD lunches so the complainers need to get their shtako together.  This game will far outlast your lunch, a movie ticket, a book, 98% of the $60 games out there, a CD, 4 gallons of gas, a 6 pack, a pack of your diapers, a tour of the monkey house, 3 jugs of milk, a haircut, 10 pack of new socks, econo-size pack of TP, and a 500 ct pack of Bic pens so stop your beechin. :) ;)

Duomaxwel

I was happy with it. I would of paid double for it just because I have played the others. One thing we need to remember is that Virgil is a one man team (I think). So he can easily have his games at a much lower cost and still make a tidy profit. I am of the opinion that he is a programmer first and not a profit man.

iamted

i want to complain that the price is just right, thereby not giving us the proper ability to truly complain about it being too expensive or too cheap. 

Helper

Quote from: iamted on October 05, 2013, 01:41:38 AM
i want to complain that the price is just right, thereby not giving us the proper ability to truly complain about it being too expensive or too cheap. 

LOL!

I bought a license to give away and was glad to do it.

Based on actual playing time, for me the cost has been about a penny an hour.
Best deal in town!

speedkore

i waited for 30€ ~ 35$, i think it was a good price for cw3

Sorry BigV i love CW1 and 2 but that was not "pro game", CW3 for the designe, gameplay, lifetime and lot of others points, it's look like pro game.

11€ it s not enought exepansive for the work on background. but it's my point of view.

If you'll do a major DLC, put it about 15$ too, i think it's not a probleme for major peoples

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on October 05, 2013, 07:05:45 AM
Quote from: iamted on October 05, 2013, 01:41:38 AM

LOL!

I bought a license to give away and was glad to do it.

Based on actual playing time, for me the cost has been about a penny an hour.
Best deal in town!

i think i've had a bit better value from CW3 then! :D a penny an hour would be about 200 hours gametime, and i suspect that i crashed through that mark some time ago! ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Nephthys

I thought it was incredibly INexpensive. I was expecting a higher price & would have gladly paid it. I understand what was said about drawing in new users, but nevertheless, the price is very low. And I am NOT complaining! I've said before I have a tiny budget & I was thrilled to see the low price. Very generous & much appreciated by this player.