CW1 Map Editor feedback

Started by Peter1x9, December 14, 2011, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter1x9

I successfully made my first map for CW1 last night...completely from scratch and all my own ideas...and on my first attempt.  I just wanted to thank Virgil for making such a great and easy to use editor for the game!   ;D

The only part I had a bit of a problem with was my fault, for not getting info on the three values for creeper emitters before I started.  I had eight emitters on the map and on my first test they weren't any challenge at all.  I loaded up a few other custom maps made my other people and found that my problem was using the default intensity of one.  The next test I used a value of 10 on all of them...and promptly got flooded out within seconds.   :P

Michionlion

bet you can't wait until you get into the cw2 editor then... it's a BIT more complicated ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

I''m not sure why this is in suggestions. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see a suggestion in here.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on December 14, 2011, 10:16:00 PM
I''m not sure why this is in suggestions. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see a suggestion in here.
He's suggesting that Virgil keep up the good work. :P (but this should still be in random, I think.)
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

lich98

Quote from: Ebon Heart on December 14, 2011, 11:11:19 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on December 14, 2011, 10:16:00 PM
He's suggesting that Virgil keep up the good work. :P (but this should still be in random, I think.)
but it is a suggestin. but yes it should be in random
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Peter1x9

Lol it should be in random.  I'm such a noob that I didn't even see that part of the forum yet.  Also, it doesn't help that when I use my scroll wheel it stops perfectly right below the Creeper World 1 section of the forum listing.  :P