Custom Map #1060: Strikefleet Delta 4. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, February 01, 2018, 03:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1060: Strikefleet Delta 4

Author: Decagon
Size: 384x216

Desc:
Strikefleet Delta recovers the Bombardier-class Long-Range Artillery Vessel.

herobattle530

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: herobattle530 on February 01, 2018, 03:38:31 PM
Why should I play this map?

What kind of a question is that? And why did you feel you needed to make a forum post stating said question?
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

herobattle530

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on February 01, 2018, 04:19:51 PM

What kind of a question is that? And why did you feel you needed to make a forum post stating said question?
No need to get hostile, I was just asking a question. Why are you being so defensive?

Karsten75

There is absolutely no reason on earth you should play this map. At least not a reason that can be supplied to you by any other person than yourself. Either you decide to play it because something in the map or it's description appeals to you; or you have played maps by this map maker before and you like the style of maps they make; or you decided to branch out and try something new; or "just because". In no way is the map maker obligated to justify or recommend a map to you.

As it stands, let it be known that I'm taking this as one more provocative act from you. You know how many warning you have received, so you should know how far along the lines of a total ban here and on Steam you are from. I think you just can't help yourself and you probably won't stop until we stop you, but here's hoping.

herobattle530

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on February 01, 2018, 04:19:51 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on February 01, 2018, 05:17:59 PM
There is absolutely no reason on earth you should play this map. At least not a reason that can be supplied to you by any other person than yourself. Either you decide to play it because something in the map or it's description appeals to you; or you have played maps by this map maker before and you like the style of maps they make; or you decided to branch out and try something new; or "just because". In no way is the map maker obligated to justify or recommend a map to you.

As it stands, let it be known that I'm taking this as one more provocative act from you. You know how many warning you have received, so you should know how far along the lines of a total ban here and on Steam you are from. I think you just can't help yourself and you probably won't stop until we stop you, but here's hoping.
Despite your attempts to persuade me to not play this map, I played it anyway and thought it was good. I also rated it an 8/10. I had to take a point off due to the hostility towards me.

theachevah

why dont we just...

play?

no fightey fightey?

(fun maps btw, keep it up Decagon. love them!)
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

CyberDyneSystems

illogical questions aside,

I liked the map a lot Decagon. It was my first time encountering the "Bertha" weapon you used in the map.
I'd like to see more of it.

My only complaint specific to the "Bombardier-class Long Range Artillery Vessel" is I'd really like it to kick more particle arse!
My gut says it's a super weapon, a "Titan" if you will, but in use it's output was not very effective. I wanted a blob of blue particles powerful enough to smoother a red mire emitter, etc..

It did do very well against dopplers however!

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on February 11, 2018, 04:28:38 PM
illogical questions aside,

I liked the map a lot Decagon. It was my first time encountering the "Bertha" weapon you used in the map.
I'd like to see more of it.

My only complaint specific to the "Bombardier-class Long Range Artillery Vessel" is I'd really like it to kick more particle arse!
My gut says it's a super weapon, a "Titan" if you will, but in use it's output was not very effective. I wanted a blob of blue particles powerful enough to smoother a red mire emitter, etc..

It did do very well against dopplers however!

Worry not! I have plans to amplify the Bertha's power over the course of the series, turning into the mega-powerful ubercannon that it was always meant to be! ;)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

CyberDyneSystems

tanelorn

Decagon you are a master. I enjoy all your maps and love all the custom work!

piggood