Great Chronom maps

Started by Karsten75, August 22, 2010, 10:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Dutch Liberation Day (May 5, 1945) turned out to be a lot easier than the real thing. ;)

The creeper also seemed nicer than the terrorists on September 11, 2001.

Edit: links added.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I added Dutch Liberation day as a "significant day" since I wasn't sure if that was the day the Dutch celebrate for their national holiday. Maybe old European countries don't have a collective memory that stretch back far enough to when they were actually formed (or it may predate the Gregorian calendar :P).

UpperKEES

Thanks. :) We indeed don't celebrate the founding of the Netherlands, but Liberation Day is a national holiday for us.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on August 27, 2010, 04:11:02 AM
Thanks. :) We indeed don't celebrate the founding of the Netherlands, but Liberation Day is a national holiday for us.

OK, I'll move it.

Fisherck

Here is a map that I found that does not need any weapons to beat. It took me 1:14.
July 1, 1236
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Sqaz

Seems like the capture of Jeruzalem during the first crusade also was a fool's map. July 15 1099

Edit: Our national independence day was also a very easy one, July 21 1830.
Edit 2: The flemish national holiday June 11 1302 was very nice though, not very hard, but a fun start if you play it my way.
Edit 3: The birth of Jezus was another nice map December 25 0001
Edit 4: Jezus's death however passed without a single weapon fired. April 5 0033

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on August 27, 2010, 04:02:25 PM
Seems like the capture of Jeruzalem during the first crusade also was a fool's map. July 15 1099

Fools map or historical date?

Edit: Our national independence day was also a very easy one, July 21 1830.
Edit 2: The flemish national holiday June 11 1302 was very nice though, not very hard, but a fun start if you play it my way.

Will add these two.

Edit 3: The birth of Jezus was another nice map December 25 0001
Edit 4: Jezus's death however passed without a single weapon fired. April 5 0033

I do not believe that historically these dates are correct. Especially the date for Christmas was chosen much later to coincide with a pagan holiday. You'd have to provide some  proof before I can add these. Not a link to a Bible or Wikipedia.

Wolfram Alpha has the birth of Christ at 4 BCE and his death at approximately 30 CE.

Karsten75

Quote from: Fisherck on August 27, 2010, 03:52:31 PM
Here is a map that I found that does not need any weapons to beat. It took me 1:14.
July 1, 1236

Too lazy to create a hyperlink. Could you repost with the hyperlink? Thanks.

Sqaz

Put it at the fool's maps under the name fall of Jeruzalem during 1st Crusade or something.

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 28, 2010, 08:50:42 AM

I do not believe that historically these dates are correct. Especially the date for Christmas was chosen much later to coincide with a pagan holiday. You'd have to provide some  proof before I can add these. Not a link to a Bible or Wikipedia.

Wolfram Alpha has the birth of Christ at 4 BCE and his death at approximately 30 CE.

So what that it isn't true, it's a tradition, the end of the world at 12/12/2012 is also a lie.
And according to the Roman-Catholic tradition and stated in The council of Nicaea Jezus was born 25 december of the year 1.
And about his dead: here is a link, but it's dutch so you might need to google translate it.

Karsten75

Fixed your broken quotations.

Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2010, 09:20:42 AM

Fools map or historical date?

Put it at the fool's maps under the name fall of Jeruzalem during 1st Crusade or something.

"or something?"

I do not believe that historically these dates are correct. Especially the date for Christmas was chosen much later to coincide with a pagan holiday. You'd have to provide some  proof before I can add these. Not a link to a Bible or Wikipedia.

So what that it isn't true, it's a tradition, the end of the world at 12/12/2012 is also a lie.
And according to the Roman-Catholic tradition and stated in The council of Nicaea Jezus was born 25 december of the year 1.
And about his dead: here is a link, but it's dutch so you might need to google translate it.

Well it's like this. We know the other dates in my list. The difference with Easter and Christmas is that while it happens on a specific time each year (Easter or the death of Christ being based on lunar cycles, or something), we don't know the exact year. To put it in a absurd context, that's like putting down April 12, 1970 as "Secretaries Day." While there is a secretaries day, the date we celebrate it on has nothing historically to do with an event. The part you mention about Roman-Catholic tradition is bogus. Not even the Catholic Church has the chutzpah to say Christ was born in year 0, nor the exact date of his death.

And quoting some random page off the Internet is not gonna cut it, it has to be authoritative (ever heard of that word?). Like who the heck is J. C. Plooy? What credentials does he have to be authoritative? If I google him, I can't even find one other reference to him. And I can read Dutch well enough not to have that page translated.

So, for instance, I read the *whole* page, which I doubt you did, because then you would have seen footnote 19, which reads:
QuoteAlle data op deze pagina zijn gegeven volgens de juliaanse kalender. Volgens de huidige (gregoriaanse) kalender zou de kruisiging van Jezus hebben plaatsgevonden op 1 april.

Roughly translated  for our English friends, that means:

" All dates on this page are given in the Julian calendar. According to the current (Gregorian) calendar, the crucifixion of Christ would have taken place on April 1st."

So, no go unless you can give me a date that some noted historians or biblical scholars agree on.

Sqaz

Whoops, didn't saw that last part, and never knew the chronom maps were based on the Gregorian Calender, as that would mean 10 days should be left out. And you said Easter falls on a different day each year, that guy was talking about Pesach, which is unlike Easter on a set date.

But whatever it's just a game Karsten, what this guy said sounds reasonable, do you really think I'll search the whole internet just so I can have a date in this thread  ;D

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2010, 10:16:24 AM
Whoops, didn't saw that last part, and never knew the chronom maps were based on the Gregorian Calender, as that would mean 10 days should be left out.

But whatever it's just a game Karsten, what this guy said sounds reasonable, do you really think I'll search the whole internet just so I can have a date in this thread  ;D

No, this is all a diversion to broaden our minds and to learn to do good research. :)

Fisherck

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 28, 2010, 09:01:06 AM
Quote from: Fisherck on August 27, 2010, 03:52:31 PM
July 1, 1236
Too lazy to create a hyperlink. Could you repost with the hyperlink? Thanks.

Fisherck scoffs at Karsten75 ::)
To lazy, well here you go. I figured out how to do these. If you just go to the page with the score, that does not work.

july 1, 1236

And might as well post a second one with no weapons. :D

may 25, 3095

I did that in 1:12.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kamron3

I beat this map in less than 50 seconds.

IcEcAt

here is a simple (fast) map i came across

Jan 12, 0000

and on a side note:
    Karsten75...
how do y'all get such fast times. i know i tend to not pay attention to time (4 month old in the house) but a little hint would be awesome... thnx