Custom Map #492: Tactical Error 1

Started by AutoPost, November 25, 2011, 10:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #492: Tactical Error 1

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
In the face disaster, it is your job to save the day from the Commander's tactical error.

Fisherck

In this map, you are in an akward situation, and it is your job to get out of it. This is actually part way through a code map I was playing, and I seriously mistook the strength needed to work my way down into the cavern. What you see is the result of my failed assualt. Instead of starting over, I saved there, and decided to play through (after all, how often do I make mistakes ;)), and I had a lot of fun. This is a different kind of gameplay, since you start right in the middle of the battle. And some of your tactics have already been decided for you...

And if you like this map, but want to play it your own way from the beginning, the code map is:
of come put huy mkjhgyugcfdszxcvkijo Small/High

Spoiler

The hardest part is the beginning. If you can survive until the fields stop facing you, and take advantage of that by moving up, then you are set. Probably the most important things to do is to immediately start charging your maker, set your blasters to fire at drones only for the first part (although not neccessary), and start building shields to protect you for the next minute. Good luck! :)

jpeg image hosting
[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

oodie

first few seconds are hard...then its also hard once the fields are pointing at ME!!!

CobraKill

Fun map!
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Fisherck

I added a spoiler in my first post showing pictures of the first 1:50 seconds for those who need help :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Kithros

The very first thing I recommend doing is setting the blasters to drone only.

Fisherck

That certaintly does help ;) It is quite futile to try taking away the creeper with the blasters anaways, at least until the fields stop facing you.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Kithros

It occurs to me that this is not quite the position you were probably in during the code map - I think when you saved and loaded it in the editor, it reset the fields to pointing to the right - based on the starting position of the creeper I think it should have been pointing up at that time however.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kithros on November 26, 2011, 10:45:53 AM
It occurs to me that this is not quite the position you were probably in during the code map - I think when you saved and loaded it in the editor, it reset the fields to pointing to the right - based on the starting position of the creeper I think it should have been pointing up at that time however.

It was not a perfect switch. All of the drones that were out got erased, and all the shields were set to full health. In those aspects, this map is easier than my original save.
It is too bad that you can't actually move a save and upload it in perfect condition.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Kithros

Because the fields don't start off pointing up,  I managed to reposition my launchers/blasters at the beginning and shield it off when I played through it again - this is where I am about 2 minutes in:

Spoiler
[close]

Fisherck

That's pretty impressive... It took me another cycle of the fields before I was ready to do that. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

DethbyIT

I finally figured out how to survive...not a great score, but I'll take it.
Those spoilers are pretty impressive. I just hunkered down behind shields until I had enough strength to take out the Emitter.

Great game - taxed me to the max.
dbit

Fisherck

Quote from: DethbyIT on November 26, 2011, 06:21:47 PM
I finally figured out how to survive...not a great score, but I'll take it.
Those spoilers are pretty impressive. I just hunkered down behind shields until I had enough strength to take out the Emitter.

Great game - taxed me to the max.
dbit

Glad you liked it. Thanks for your opinion :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Colin

Fun one Fisherck! Most maps don't threaten
the LS for very long, this one did so for the
whole game!  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

tijno77

I'm impressed by allot of maps that you make. you are a great map maker !!

please keep making maps :D

EDIT: yeah i know its old :P but i've downloaded all ur maps XD