Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jijococo

day of fun X   Large/high

It's very hard we have an surface creeper almost like TITAN!! :o

ontheworld

I can manage to dig myself in protected by shields, but can't get enough energy to live on
=(

Fisherck

Quote from: ontheworld on June 25, 2011, 05:49:30 PM
I can manage to dig myself in protected by shields, but can't get enough energy to live on
=(

You just gotta keep digging... ;)

Quote from: jijococo on June 25, 2011, 04:54:50 PM

This is one I had to change my tactic. Instead of trying to build repulsers as soon as possible, I waited and built shields instead. Until I had sufficient energy.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Katra

popcorn seems to be impossible on large/high. Constant stream of drones and an emitter on the surface; and 10 phantoms. No accessible gems.

Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Eric

Kamron3

Quote from: Eric on June 25, 2011, 09:27:48 PM
is rain paper large/high

Actually, there's a small part where the Green Gem is that you can get into that hole. It's possible.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 25, 2011, 10:53:17 PM
Quote from: Eric on June 25, 2011, 09:27:48 PM
is rain paper large/high

Actually, there's a small part where the Green Gem is that you can get into that hole. It's possible.
I take credit for this discovery.  ;D
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Quote from: Fisherck on June 25, 2011, 07:59:04 PM
=(

This is one I had to change my tactic. Instead of trying to build repulsers as soon as possible, I waited and built shields instead. Until I had sufficient energy.

You Have a dark beam... You Win! :)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

ontheworld

Quote from: Fisherck on June 25, 2011, 07:59:04 PM
=(

There was the problem... I was digging on the left side

Fisherck

Quote from: ontheworld on June 26, 2011, 05:09:55 AM
There was the problem... I was digging on the left side

When I started the map, I paused for a moment, and I wondered which side? Did not take me long though, as I do not like 10-build ground... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

florrat

Ok, then let me give a new candidate:

to red once Large/High

I also wanted to pose the first medium complexity "impossible candidate", but unfortunately, I beat it ;D I think it's still worth mentioning:

to red once Small/Medium

Zircon

i bet
to red once         Small/Medium

here a screen of my early game

Kithros

'8727' on large/high might be impossible, I'm not entirely sure because I did get close at one point by rushing the left emitter with a conversion bomb - but I couldn't quite get it nullified (and even if I had I'm not sure I could've dealt with the creeper leftover). 1 surface emitter, another beneath 1 block of decaying terrain, nowhere to dig the LS in with 12 phantoms every 40 seconds.

Cotters

209 small mid or high

I think it is unbeatable. not an experimental level. I have a feeling someone might be able to beat it but on hard?

Kithros

Quote from: Cotters on June 26, 2011, 09:04:44 PM
209 small mid or high

I think it is unbeatable. not an experimental level. I have a feeling someone might be able to beat it but on hard?

Interesting map, but it's entirely possible - I chose large/high as it seemed to be the hardest of them (small/high does have a surface gateway, but the number of drones on both gateways caps out at such a small number, the first gateway can easily be distracted by the LS indefinitely, and the second gateway isn't very threatening)

I picked up the 2 gems on the left first of course, and then I built a repulsor and 4 blasters to quickly nullify the emitter (started building the nullifier as soon as the field turned down):

Spoiler
[close]

From there I picked up the red gem under the emitter and built *lots* of shields - if you're fast you can do this before the drones are able to break out, I filled up almost the entire chamber the first emitter was in with shields and kept my blasters behind a few rows of them, and put my repulsor in position. After the first wave of drones is gone the 4 blasters will be able to hold off the rest easily enough, and you can build up reactors and play fairly normally from there.

Spoiler
[close]