Main Menu

Repulsors

Started by cclloyd9785, August 12, 2011, 11:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I know that in the earlier stages of CW2, repulsors could go through land, which actually makes sense.

What doesn't is that gravity is blocked now by normal terrain.  Think about it.

You pour water on the ground, its absorbed and doesnt go through.
You throw something at the ground, it stops dead.
You put strong magnets under the ground, the magnets will still work.

Forces like gravity do work through land, so why not make it go through land again?

Smaller suggestion, but I also think that the weapon fire rate upgrade should increase their gravity strength.

Kithros

Without knowing how repulsors actually work there would be no logical conclusion whether or not they should go through the ground. Repulsors are obviously not directly working off of gravity (since it doesn't pull creeper towards it.. and it doesn't have a mass 20x the mass of a normal planet..). Which leads me to the question.. why should it go through the ground?

cclloyd9785

If it pushes a gravity field, which it does, thats how it works, and thus should go through the ground.  And gravity can work 2 ways, so its just pushing instead of pulling.

pixlepix

No, it cant work 2 ways. Gravity is the force that pulls everything together. So, it shoots a beam that manipulates gravity. The beam cannot go through land.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Fisherck

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 12, 2011, 11:24:27 PM
I know that in the earlier stages of CW2, repulsors could go through land, which actually makes sense.

First of all, that is not true. In the very beginning repulser's beams could go through the diagonals in terrain. Repulsers could never go through the terrain.

And even if this were not the case, changing what you want would hugely affect gameplay, and I believe it is much to late to make a change of that magnitude.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

thepenguin

Quote from: Fisherck on August 13, 2011, 03:39:13 PM
Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 12, 2011, 11:24:27 PM

First of all, that is not true. In the very beginning repulser's beams could go through the diagonals in terrain. Repulsers could never go through the terrain.

And even if this were not the case, changing what you want would hugely affect gameplay, and I believe it is much to late to make a change of that magnitude.

remember the makers, and packet switching for CW1
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

Creeper can't pass through diagonals, so it makes perfectly sense that repulsor beams can't either. Apart from that I think it would make the game too easy.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview