CW3 has had the highest % increase in ownership during the sale, of any game

Started by vegeta897, June 15, 2015, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Yeah, that's crazy...
I can also report there are now over 102 thousand steam accounts that have the game.  Getting up over 100k has always been a target.  Nothing like a summer sale feature to help hit that :)

thejoe66

"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Karsten75

Quote from: thejoe66 on June 15, 2015, 09:28:48 PM
That's crazy! CONGRATULATION on selling almost giving away that many copy's!

Altered for correctness. :)

Tyler21

Wow. Amazing. Congratulations! The 90% sale was a brilliant idea to increase product awareness (I wonder how many "new" new players bought it and how many of existing non-steam players decided to get a licensed copy to access further features). Anyways, your sales/marketing "team" did a great job! ;-)

By the way, I wonder whether there is a stat on steam that tracks the average (or median) of hours played (only counting users who own a particular game let's say for at least one month or so).

If one would compare these stat to the prices, I bet that CW3 would be near the top (not counting MMOs and MOBAs), even if you consider its original, pre-sale price.
"Enjoyment appears at the boundary between boredom and anxiety, when the challenges are just balanced with the person's capacity to act."
― Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Check my collection of the 30 most difficult and challenging maps in Colonial Space!

Karsten75

Quote from: Tyler21 on June 16, 2015, 05:50:04 AM
(I wonder how many "new" new players bought it and how many of existing non-steam players decided to get a licensed copy to access further features). Anyways, your sales/marketing "team" did a great job! ;-)

All owners of non-steam versions of Creeper WOrld 3 can get a steam key for free. No need to buy a copy for that.
http://knucklecracker.com/blog/index.php/2014/03/steam-keys-for-cw3/

Pilo20

I'm one of those new steam users XD Couldn't pass up a strategy game on a sale like that. Now I haven't stopped playing it for the past two days.

mzimmer74

Quote from: Pilo20 on June 25, 2015, 03:10:17 PM
I'm one of those new steam users XD Couldn't pass up a strategy game on a sale like that. Now I haven't stopped playing it for the past two days.
Welcome to one of the biggest time sinks you'll ever find! ;)
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Parallax

Quote from: vegeta897 on June 15, 2015, 03:38:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EWnbVM7.png

This sale has nearly doubled the amount of owners. That's incredible.

Source: https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/610355093561606144

I grabbed it in the sale and I'm glad I did as its awesome. I maybe would have missed it otherwise, unsure how seeing as I love TD games and I've been playing base building RTS games since C&C. I've always found 2D RTS games more appealing that the 3D.

Looking back at what I paid for it on sale seems criminal considering the amount of content and gameplay it has. I'll be sure to pay full price for the new title and hopefully they keep making good games.

knucracker

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Parallax on August 17, 2015, 01:53:17 PM
Looking back at what I paid for it on sale seems criminal considering the amount of content and gameplay it has. I'll be sure to pay full price for the new title and hopefully they keep making good games.

I've gone on record as saying that I've spent more time playing the Creeper World saga than any other game series.

And now, Virgil ('cos Knuckle Cracker is a 'he', not a 'they'!) has an an even more advanced title in the works.

Excitement is at fever pitch..!

Nice to see so many new faces around the forum - guess it must be all those new players we were just reading about!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Altwing

Awww maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, there was a sale?  I just bought it for full price.  :( 

Oh well, if it's as much fun as Creeper World 1 and the Kongregate games, then it will eventually give me my money's worth.

mzimmer74

Quote from: Altwing on August 25, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
Awww maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, there was a sale?  I just bought it for full price.  :( 

Oh well, if it's as much fun as Creeper World 1 and the Kongregate games, then it will eventually give me my money's worth.
It will and then some.  I gladly bought the game for full price and then bought it on sale to give to a friend!  I've spent more time on this $15 game than any other Steam game I own, including AAA titles.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Altwing

Hmm... it's a different sort of fun than I have with CW1, where I just sort of go on autopilot and aim to speed-run the day's Chronom.   I am having fun with it.  I've gone through about half the story, have done the Credits and am working my way around Prospector Space.  ( I've tried a few DHD maps and custom maps, but I decided to wait on Farbor and on Tormented Space until I've a bit more practice under my belt.)

Still, I'm enjoying it more than any other Steam game I've got except for Gemcraft, and the nice thing about playing on Steam is racking up various achievements.  So far in the first week I've got about half done. 

I'm looking at the Global Achievement's page. This is very odd: Only 95% of all the people who've bought this game have built a collector.  That means 5% quit after the title screen.  Or something.  (I was thinking a few people just used reactors & relays, but I'm not sure how to get through Tempus in the first system without building 10 collectors, as that's part of the assignment.)