Custom Maps submission

Started by Kingo, February 15, 2013, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

I'm noticing it's taking the mods a while to submit maps to the database these days. Before, it would be at least 24 hours, but now 5 maps are stacked.
Anything new lately?

J

In CW1 one mod will have to look at the map and manually approve it. As far as I know there are only 2 active CW1 mapmods (I'm not a cw1 mapmod).

Kingo

What do you specifically mean "manually approve?"

UpperKEES

Open the map in editor, check (possibly hidden) contents, approve manually by clicking a button in the approval tool.

Yes, people voluntarily spend time on your map. Just be a little patient.

Edit: in the past there have been dozens of maps in the queue that took almost a week to get approved. You're spoiled! :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

Currently the only person explicitly tasked with CW1 map approvals is Chani. I and a few others have access. It seems Chani is otherwise engaged at the moment, so I've approved the backlog of CW1 maps. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days until things return to normal.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kingo

Seems the custom maps are backing up again.

Anonymeus

We briefly talked about this in the chat, Mr G., but I'd gladly volunteer as an extra CW1 mod, if you'd be willing to have me.... (I can't make maps, so anything I could do to 'give back' to the community would be welcomed... - I've had 100s of hours of quality gameplay out of CW1...)

Grauniad

Quote from: Anonymeus on May 14, 2013, 07:39:01 PM
We briefly talked about this in the chat, Mr G., but I'd gladly volunteer as an extra CW1 mod, if you'd be willing to have me.... (I can't make maps, so anything I could do to 'give back' to the community would be welcomed... - I've had 100s of hours of quality gameplay out of CW1...)

I'm really not sure about this. Anyway, it's not up to me since I'm only peripherally involved in that aspect. I suspect Virgil would prefer not to have to support this activity (which was not constructed as an after-thought) outside a very small group of individuals.

Your offer is appreciated, though.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon