Custom Map #356: The Hive. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, November 21, 2016, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #356: The Hive

Author: Decagon
Size: 120x360

Desc:
On their way to the next Progenitor facility, the HDF fleet detects an anomalous signal in a system not straying far from their route. In a willingness to collect as much data as possible, Captain Varro takes a small section of his task force to the anomaly to look for answers.

svartmes

Man what a beautiful map! Great enemy ship design with a very creative theme. 10 out of 10. Awesome!

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: svartmes on November 22, 2016, 04:55:06 AM
Man what a beautiful map! Great enemy ship design with a very creative theme. 10 out of 10. Awesome!
Thanks! I'm actually quite proud of how those enemy ships turned out, so I'm glad you like them! :D
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Doug

Very nice design

Spoiler
I started at the top left. Destroyed one stunner then flipped the two emitters. Moved my command center to the bottom and started grinding back up to the top. After a bit of playing I realized the upper left was vulnerable to omnis and just sent ten up to kill the hive center :)
[close]

Dark Ambition

(Looks at structure in bottom left)

PROGENITOR LOCUS HAS SENT OUT HIS MINIONS. DO YOU COWER APPROPRIATELY?

I may not be as original as I thought I was :-[

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Dark Ambition on November 24, 2016, 02:11:14 AM
(Looks at structure in bottom left)

PROGENITOR LOCUS HAS SENT OUT HIS MINIONS. DO YOU COWER APPROPRIATELY?

I may not be as original as I thought I was :-[

lol, it's kinda one of those themes that just has to crop up everywhere in the Creeper World universe, you know, for foreshadowing/creepiness/awesomeness. It's such a satisfying shape to make too. :P
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Johnny Haywire

I really liked this map! Being still pretty new to the game, I'm still trying to figure stuff out.

I noticed that there's a nice "backdoor" in this map which makes things a lot easier.
Spoiler
You can land at the top and activate the mine, then build two omnis and land them on the enemy's island, then wreak all sorts of havoc, and quickly destroy the primary Hive, or whatever it is.
[close]
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?