Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pakars

I just beat "ground window day" on Large/High.

The trick is to rush the 3 crystals at the top, then shield the right side with 2 blasters to buy you time. You need 5 phantom coils to hold off the waves of phantoms, and the crystals will afford you 8 reactors, 5 coils, and 4 blasters(on the left). After that, it's just a matter of getting 4 blasters on the right, burning down the first emitter, and working your way through the rest of the map.

You can basically ignore all the creeper going to the left side of the map for a loooooong time, because it's 2.29 gravity up-left.

Pakars

I immediately followed up on "put is fly". Move your ship to the far right side of the map, near the ground.

You rush to the blue crystal and remnant, then, you build reactors, a maker, and start working down the right edge of the map for the silver crystal, building reactors as you go.

Once you have the silver crystal, you're low on anti-creeper, so you make 4 blasters, 2 tech domes, and a bunch of reactors, while you nab the nanochip(fire rate, use your tech lab upgrades all on reactor) and expand your network to pick up the green crystals.

The instant you pick up the first green crystal, build 4-6 more blasters and a launcher, and you'll be safe. After that, it's just working inside the ground to get a ton of reactors and additional tech labs, then get a dark laser and kill the emitter aboveground.

After that, it's your choice, but I found conversion bombs to be by far the fastest way to clear the level.

Pakars

I just crushed my way through 18.... through the fact that the liberation ship can wade through a significant amount of creeper to get to safe areas.

Given that it was a right gravity map @ 3.38(if I remember correctly), I decided that I'd go to the far left of the map. This was accomplished by digging through the spot against the wall on the left, then the dirt right next to the emitter and 1 step below at the same time. It gave me just enough room to squeeze past the emitter into the middle-left of the map... where the creeper fields were quite happily keeping me safe from the creeper.

I then got a single blaster, 2 coils, and took over the entire map, one step at a time.

Edit: After doing all this, I see that the first post hasn't been updated in a while. People beat me to both ground window day and 18, but nobody had completed "put is fly" before me.

Helper

Quote from: Jarin on April 24, 2012, 07:21:36 PM
How did you get to that point, though? The end of any experimental map is always going to look the same. I want to see the first 90 seconds! :P

Edit: Scratch that, medium added a gem I somehow missed. I'm just blind apparently.

Edit2: Nope, still no idea how you managed it... o.O

@Jarin -
See attached picture for "5201" at about 2:00 - getting that second gem (White) was the first key, then augmenting your defense with a Maker. From then on out it was just a matter of time.

Helper

Updates needed for the front page. All of the following have at least one score:
Cary
how paper look
Common sense is not so common.
run water to
how paper look
street think then
once go said
August 12 2011 l/h

Lord_Farin

Just managed to beat Narcissistic Cannibal S/H.

It was a challenge, especially with the breakout of the big drones virtually coincident with the first phantoms, I lost a few buildings there; but after this intricate point a base was quickly set up; when the foothold was established no big hurdles remained.

EDIT: Skrillex S/H also down. Plenty of time.
EDIT2: Of course, I meant Small/High, the parameters posted in the thread. Thanks to Helper for pointing this out.
EDIT3: Every Time I Die!!!!! S/H also down. Plenty of time to grab all crystals on the left before building a base on the right.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Helper

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 30, 2012, 01:23:01 PM
Just managed to beat Narcissistic Cannibal L/H.

It was a challenge, especially with the breakout of the big drones virtually coincident with the first phantoms, I lost a few buildings there; but after this intricate point a base was quickly set up; when the foothold was established no big hurdles remained.

EDIT: Skrillex L/H also down. Plenty of time.

Is there another list of impossible games - other than the one on page 1 of this thread?
I also don't see scores for either of those games in L/H.

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Helper on August 30, 2012, 08:09:28 PM
Is there another list of impossible games - other than the one on page 1 of this thread?
I also don't see scores for either of those games in L/H.
If you are looking for some above average challenging maps try the ones marked with green color in this thread:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=9337.0
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Cavemaniac

Blow it all - I just completed Common sense is not so common.

Only to find I wasn't the first!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Neko187

Quote from: Fisherck on June 17, 2011, 09:27:09 AM
I hope you understand that there are more than 4000000000 maps. The chances of someone else happenning to land on the same maps as you completely by themselves is rather... miniscule.... :)
I've landed on 2 of the maps in this thread. I bought the game 2 days ago.

Odd things seem to happen around me.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Neko187

Kappa Beta Alpha L/H seems impossible. A near surface emitter and gateway that spams drones, and while there is a place to dig in, there doesn't seem to be enough time. What accessible crystals that exist are on decayable terrain,  and are uncollectable due to creeper. It might be possible with LS evasion and shields, but I'm not good enough to manage it.
M/H may be impossible as well.
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Chawe800

Chawe800Small/High

Not sure if possible.

I'm pretty sure it is requires some fancy LS movement and crystal rushing.

Watch out for the creeper's second rush it always killed me.

(All though I bet Someone like TrickyDragon of SmileyCoder could pull it off in a few tries)

Have fun with this challenge guys  :D
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

SmileyCoder

Took a few tries to get the start right, but it helps when there are so many accesible gems. Fun Map. Recorded a video I will upload shortly of my entire attempt, including the failed ones.
TheSmileyCoder

SmileyCoder

As promised here is a video of the map Chave800:

Its recorded in fast mode, (with alot of pauses) and it is speed up 200% for the youtube upload.
TheSmileyCoder

Chawe800

Wow I never would have approached it that way.

That was impressive smiley my hat's off to you.  :D
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell