Custom Map #404: The Cannon. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, December 03, 2016, 01:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #404: The Cannon

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 340x140

Desc:
The SSDI now enters a Red-listed SSDI:ADD sector. What will happen here, no one knows.

Sorrontis

I think Virgil should play this map   8)

EDIT: This map is totally popular!

EDIT 2: God, I should have named this map "Map Not Found"
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

svartmes

I managed to destroy the cannon early with the deployment of HQ and some micro, feeling mighty clever doing so :)
Despite not playing it the way you intended I still enjoyed it a lot.

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Nicant

CW4 hype!!

svartmes

Quote from: Sorrontis on December 03, 2016, 07:30:37 PM
Oh, please share more information.

Spoiler
Using the ampgem you gave us for range, I put it on the HQ and in warped in at the bottom right, next to the energy source and lathed it. I managed to stay alive long enough to release the ampgem and reuse it again to give omni reactors.  With the power from the energy source I quickly built 4 omnis that I used to destroy the cannon.
[close]

Sorrontis

Quote from: svartmes on December 03, 2016, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: Sorrontis on December 03, 2016, 07:30:37 PM
Oh, please share more information.

Spoiler
Using the ampgem you gave us for range, I put it on the HQ and in warped in at the bottom right, next to the energy source and lathed it. I managed to stay alive long enough to release the ampgem and reuse it again to give omni reactors.  With the power from the energy source I quickly built 4 omnis that I used to destroy the cannon.
[close]

Very nice. That's what I was missing.

EDIT: Took me exactly 1 minute longer than you following your method.

Johnny Haywire

Wow, on my first run I landed in 2nd place, which is pretty much unheard of for me... especially on a Sorrontis map!

2nd run was about 5 minutes, which means someone with some good micro skill could probably hit sub-four-minutes.

After doing the map, I saw that svartmes did exactly what I did (or rather, I did the same as he did since he did it first). To me, the placement seems pretty obvious - although I built all 12 omnis there to take out the gun and both mire spawners.

I have to say, the ships looked pretty cool! I only ended up building the two lathing ships, but I like the designs!

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?