I Might Have Invented The black Hole

Started by isacrent199, November 18, 2011, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isacrent199

title says it all.
While experimenting with a map, i decided to put a high emitting emmiter next to a low one with a low maximun denisty.
but i saw that the creeper was acually being destroyed by the low emmiting emitter. so i went to the testing.
i created a kind of drain or black hole force that sucks everything to the middle of the field and i put a emitter with 0 density, 0 max density, and an interval of 1. and i put a regular, average emitter above it.as the creeper was going to the middle of the field, the creeper was being destroyed by the emitter with 0 stats. and thats how the black hole was made. note that this only works for the creeper, not anti-creeper. it will only clump up the anti creeper into the middle and the emmiter will have no change to the anti-creeper. But if you change the emitter stats to 0 density and -1000 max density, it will do the same thing to the anti-creeper, but will clump up the regular creeperr instead. that is what i have learned.
This might unlock other possibilities to make more unique maps as i am on a map that i am currently makeing call "black hole".

legoboy

crazyone76

isnt that already been used since like... a long time
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin

Quote from: crazyone76 on November 25, 2011, 01:06:36 PM
isnt that already been used since like... a long time

Yes in a sense, in Creeper World1 you could
use Emitters at 0 intensity as vacuums, this
mechanic was used a lot by UpperKEES, and
other serious map makers.

Congratulations on finding this out on your
own isacrent199!  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.