Can't finish Arca, how to do it?

Started by Kruszy, October 06, 2013, 02:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kruszy

Please help.

Spoiler
While playing Skars my thor ship ignores the nexus
- i took the shields down, that's obvious :P
- destroyed everything on the map, only things remaining - the nexus and arca circle in the middle
- uncovered all missle silos

The game said i must use Thor to destroy the nexus, but when they are flying past each other thor doesn't fire anything
How I'm supposed to finish this map?
[close]

Michionlion

I posted the answer for you in chat, but here it is anyways:
Spoiler
You need to hit the button on the thor's menu - it is labeled 'Fire Main Cannons'.  All will make sense then! :D
[close]
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kruszy

Thank you again! :D
Spoiler
Honestly, i have no idea how could i miss a big red button "Fire main cannons" like this :D
[close]

Imposter

TonyP2000

I was about to say the same thing but my internet glitched out on me and machionllon beat me too it.

Spoiler
Quick hint though, you need 100 energy to fire the shot so keep it the Thor connected to your network. The cannon shots will hone in on the nexus so you don't need to be close to it.
[close]
Vote Tony!

MatrixQ

To extend on this question, since I am in pretty much the same situation:
Spoiler
I hit the "Fire Main Cannons" button, the Thor fires, the missiles hit the flying Loki thing and then nothing happens. I hit the button until the energy reserves of the Thor are depleted, nothing happens. I build 4 Thor and fire all of them simultaneously, nothing happens. Anything else I missed or did I break the game?
[close]

Michionlion

Spoiler
Have you taken out the nexus's shields yet?  You'll need to let the missile bunkers do their work before you can kill it.
[close]
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

MatrixQ

That did the trick, thank you.
Spoiler
I hadn't realized I had to dig them out.  :-[
[close]

malibashi

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 06, 2013, 02:38:06 PM
you need 100 energy to fire the shot so keep it the Thor connected to your network.
Apparently I launched Thor too early with insufficient ammo. Is there any way to reconnect it to the Network, once launched?

Karsten75

Just have it near your network. THere's a light on top of Thor that lights up if it is in connections range.

hbarudi

I once did a DMD map that had a thor and I used 15 guppies near it, and I was able to get a good time on it, but my time aat this point has been beaten by many, but I got that steam achievement, anyway, for thor, is there anyway to use the fire main cannons button on non arca maps?

Otherwise, the thor is too good that only a few maps have it including one play as creeper map!

I find it able to destroy creeper to the point where it works on 2000 level creeper and lots of high health runners with its snipers, and lots of spores die from the power of the thor.

I would like to make a CW3 creeper nexus map both ways play as humans and play as creeper.
Comments:

Grayzzur

Quote from: hbarudi on April 09, 2015, 10:32:14 PM
I once did a DMD map that had a thor and I used 15 guppies near it, and I was able to get a good time on it, but my time aat this point has been beaten by many, but I got that steam achievement, anyway, for thor, is there anyway to use the fire main cannons button on non arca maps?
On Tormented/Prospector/DMD maps, "NO" to the Thor main weapon.

It can be used on CRPL enemies in Colonial Space maps if the map maker has designed those units to be targetable by the Thor, but there aren't many of those that I'm aware of.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Lost in Nowhere

Last I checked, it can be used and just acts like a bertha shot, more or less.
Don't die! :)