Speed Runs

Started by Fisherck, October 06, 2013, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherck

I added two more videos! They are on Ruine and Chanson.

Here are the links (which are also available on the top post):
Ruine -
Chanson -
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

RockyRaccoon

I just set the best time on S100_158: Aberzacia. It's in the first system NW of the start, so I was a bit surprised to get 1st.  I usually don't snag the top spot.

Here's my final screenshot.

stewbasic

Quote from: Imposter on October 06, 2013, 02:17:55 PM
In regards to speed runs, I've been thinking it might be interesting if the game recorded the real time in addition to the game time. So 10 seconds spent paused would equal 10 seconds of real time, and 10 seconds at 4x speed would also equal 10 seconds of real time. I think it'd help show the more skillful players, cuz someone winning a map at 3.1 minutes game time and spending half an hour in real time vs someone winning in 3.2 minutes game time and 3.4 minutes real time seems less skillful. You didn't pause too much, so there wouldn't be much of a difference in time in your play.

What about saving and loading? Would the run have to be in one sitting? Or could one save, pause, think for 10 minutes, and then reload?

Personally I've become too spoiled by the ability to pause to attempt to optimize real time :P (I usually spend a minute or two laying out collectors before the game even starts). But to each their own.

F0R

Guppys are amazing. Can lead to alot of fast speedrun wins.