What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

Quote from: Dilnu on October 06, 2013, 10:56:43 PM
Quote from: purpleyukari on October 06, 2013, 08:47:58 PM
For the credits map (spoiler because it reveals main plot):

Spoiler
Have the guy in the credits control with WASD instead of forward backward turn like the creeper dude in one of the endings.
[close]

What credits map? I finished Arc but I can't find that.

It is one of the rotating planets on the main menu.  Quite a fun game too.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

pawel345

An option to ad DMD maps to favorites to keep them on a separate list.

ChaosMaster130

Personally I would want control groups added back in.

Well unless they are still in and I somehow have not found them yet.  :-[

Also just curious, but if they were removed, what was the thought process behind their removal?  ???
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

J

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on October 07, 2013, 02:20:11 AM
Personally I would want control groups added back in.
Well unless they are still in and I somehow have not found them yet.  :-[
Also just curious, but if they were removed, what was the thought process behind their removal?  ???
Take a look at your key bindings in the settings. There you can find all they keyboard shortcuts you need and you can even change them.
EDIT: oops, I thought you meant moving as a group without changing formation =/

Harkler

A wormhole in each sector linking back to the Arc Eternal sector.

Edit: A space after the word "these" in the Tormented Space description.

Edit 2: A range indicator on orbital weapons.

Edit 3: An option to change the color of Digitalis.

Loyal

I'd like the option for more visible/obvious building destructions. Too often I've heard one of my buildings blow up, looked around for the source, and failed to find anything until a minute later, when the creeper gains a bunch of ground because the cannons holding them back got knocked offline.

Related, a separate option for the visibility on "weapon explosions" and "building explosions" would be nice.

4xC

One of a few things I really want to see: Control Groups.
C,C,C,C

Captain Ford

Is it just me or is the "default color" for anti-creeper not the same as the color it originally had when I started up the game?

Can someone verify who hasn't changed their colors at all?

Never mind, I'm just crazy.

Edit: Okay, I've got something, actually. When I load up a saved game, none of the bars are showing. Specifically:

• None of the units have green health bars or red ammo bars
  • The command node interface at the top has no readings

I realize that the command node interface relies on averaging out results over several seconds, but it would be nice if at least the current energy and AC in storage could be displayed. (optimally, all the data used to calculate the display could be persisted with the rest of the save)

Also, I second the request for a combined energy/AC consumption figure on the command node interface. What I'd like to see for connected nodes is a readout that shows both individual and total consumption, i.e.: "-5.2(-16.6)"

Edit 2: I don't see a better place to post bugs, so I'll also throw out that the way ore and AC packets are being routed is driving me crazy. See screenshot:

J

Quote from: Captain Ford on October 07, 2013, 10:51:54 AM
Okay, I've got something, actually. When I load up a saved game, none of the bars are showing. Specifically:

• None of the units have green health bars or red ammo bars
  • The command node interface at the top has no readings

I realize that the command node interface relies on averaging out results over several seconds, but it would be nice if at least the current energy and AC in storage could be displayed. (optimally, all the data used to calculate the display could be persisted with the rest of the save)
The information bars aren't loaded when you load the game. Unpause or step forward once ('N') and they'll show up. This is because they are drawn in the game loop and not when the game loads. I always hit n once so I can see the information bars without losing too much time.

Ore packets are evenly divided over all CN's. If you don't want a CN to recieve ore packets, select it and look at the settings.

Captain Ford

Quote from: J on October 07, 2013, 11:35:06 AM
Quote from: Captain Ford on October 07, 2013, 10:51:54 AM
-snip-
The information bars aren't loaded when you load the game. Unpause or step forward once ('N') and they'll show up. This is because they are drawn in the game loop and not when the game loads.
It's a small thing, I know. It would just satisfy this really tiny itch to see everything just the way I left it. :)

Quote from: J on October 07, 2013, 11:35:06 AM
Ore packets are evenly divided over all CN's. If you don't want a CN to recieve ore packets, select it and look at the settings.
Oh, okay, that makes sense. Hmm...

In that case, what I'd like is an option to say "don't receive ore packets unless all other CNs are full". Because I'd hate to waste production just because all other storage is full.

Kharnellius

1)   A BIGGER Menu screen!  For crying out loud he crammed a ton in a Menu screen the size of my thumb!!!!  :P  
     (Scroll bars = devil.  I'm looking at you "Keys" submenu!!!! ;))
     (Also, "Esc" and/or "Space" do not clear/exit the Menu screen.

2)   With a Bigger Menu screen can you add the RGB color numbers for creeper so we can share our preferences with others?

3)   And add an "Exit Game Option" when in a mission.  Useful for when your boss is coming. ;)  (I kid!!!)
     Also, an option to NOT SAVE when leaving a mission.  Sometimes I screwed up or was trying something silly and go to exit thinking
     I'm a-ok, only to find out the game autosaved on me.  Doh!

4)   The Command Node interface takes up a lot of vertical space.  I have created a quick mockup of a design that would work much better.
     I know you can make it go away, but I don't want it to go away, just not be in the way. :)
      (Oooo, bonus points idea...add that if I click on the CN status bar it will auto-center the camera onto the CN I clicked on!)

Before:

After:

JF-T

I would like to see bombers get a stop resupply button. Hard to have a bomber and sprayer when you only have 2 mines and hardly any upgrades (To my knowledge it takes less fuss and aether to use cannons and strafers than bombers and sprayers in a stable way, even if AC is more effective against low creeper amounts, it usually takes 2 AC production for 1 thing, then 1 energy production if that for one thing).

Maybe for something in the game to tell you in Farbor that snipers can be used to take down the ships. If there is, then I missed it somehow, having read every dialog in the storyline. It took me 8 tries and going to this forum to figure that out :D

An ability to save only the terrain and not any player-made units if any edits in the game are made during play. not sure if it'd be possible, but to do that with terped terrain too would be great but not a big deal.well this whole one isn't a big deal, just an idea i thought up.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

4xC

Amen to bomber resupply!

Spoiler
The sniper surprise was meant to be figured out on a player's own BTW.
[close]
C,C,C,C

wlf

I'd like to see a mouse hover over a menu or item show the keystroke after a second or so.  I never remember them even when I set them myself.  I just have a habit of riding the P and spacebar from previous releases.

Mimsy

Give an option to leave a mission without autosaving. I don't need a save of some DTD map I just wanted to look around in.
Momo on the DMD scores.