Custom Map #1480: GMM F6. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2020, 03:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1480: GMM F6

Author: FOXX
Size: 165x325

Desc:
GoodMorning Mode game. This one can be a struggle sometimes. #BravoGoodMorning #ThanksToBuilder17 #ThanksToYum234 #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #EditStruc #ParticlesoverMiredLand NOTE - With Updated Scripts From Goodmorning from this map on - Less LAG :)

Tashen

FOXX

Quote from: Tashen on January 16, 2020, 10:02:03 AM
I failed on this one.

What happened?
(1st guess would be the '29-32' part)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Tashen

I finally beat it on my 4th try.  I missed something that was staring me in the face.  I kept missing gate 11 right next to the gun and instead I read that as an area that I needed to overcome the 44 and 20 spawner at the same time.  So I held off on that I  kept going for the extra omni along the left side of the map before I was ready and kept stalling out.  The 8 and 9 gate seemed to be the trickiest section of the map.

Overall I really enjoyed it.  It was the hardest one of these maps I have played yet and I loved the challenge.

FOXX

Nice you got it :)
I got some feedback about that '29-32' part and now the '8-9' part. Seems this one is the trickiest / hardest indeed.
These maps take some time to make to make and i test these in segments. When i finalize before upload usually i have to figure out again how the connections work.

Goodmorning made an update on the scripts and the result is less lag so that saves some time with testing :)
GMM F7 coming up.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

chwooly

I enjoy these maps as they are similiar to the CSM maps, However I don't like the pure linear game play, In the CSM Maps due to the gates you actually have to jump around the map a lot more. this is very much get 1 section then move on to the next. Overall it was a decent map. But the linear nature makes it a little bit of a slog for me..

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

CyberDyneSystems

Wow that was a tough one! Took me two hours. I got hung up at least 4 times,. never has the "which combo of gates" stragtegy been so hard to figure out! Well Done!

FOXX

Quote from: chwooly on January 16, 2020, 09:59:55 PM
I enjoy these maps as they are similiar to the CSM maps, However I don't like the pure linear game play, In the CSM Maps due to the gates you actually have to jump around the map a lot more. this is very much get 1 section then move on to the next. Overall it was a decent map. But the linear nature makes it a little bit of a slog for me..

Cheers
I haven't played the CSM maps properly but i know thee are more things added to the CSM system then the GMM system.
GMM F7 has a different gameplay and going to think if i can come up with some 'jump around the map' layout.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

FOXX

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on January 17, 2020, 11:53:23 PM
Wow that was a tough one! Took me two hours. I got hung up at least 4 times,. never has the "which combo of gates" stragtegy been so hard to figure out! Well Done!
Yeah, this one has some tricky parts, you are not the only one stuck here.
I am getting more experienced with this setup but i don't want it to become to hard so i have to watch my steps. When making these maps i get ideas and add more things resulting in some laggy maps.
Very happy with the update Goodmorning did so i can do my thing without to much lag :)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!