Custom Map #8894: CIV264W2. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, September 20, 2020, 11:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8894: CIV264W2

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 120x130

Desc:
Part 2 of the series. You will need to survive for 20 minutes and then you will need to provide 5000 ammo packets in order to activate the amplified terrain. After doing that, enemies will no longer be able to create creeper (as they are too low terrain) Good luck and Have fun! There is no forge because the forge is a win button. ----Simulation start----

Helper

Did you get mad at Forge's?
Second map in a row without one.
Thanks,
H

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Helper on September 20, 2020, 01:56:41 PM
Did you get mad at Forge's?
Second map in a row without one.
Thanks,
H

This series doesn't use the forge because that would give too much information as to when the series would have happened compared to the canon story. I'm making another story with forge later though, but that might take till next month. Also, forge is OP and I needed to give people a reason to activate my awesome script.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Helper

Thank you for the response.
Pardon my igrance, but what is "OP", as in "forge is OP"?
H

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Helper on September 21, 2020, 03:12:37 AM
Thank you for the response.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "OP", as in "forge is OP"?
H

OP stands for OverPowered. It means something is really good, in a way that almost breaks the game's balancing. In this case, the levels won't use extremely strong enemies for a while, which is why the forge is too strong for the level. In regular levels the power the forge gives is taken in account when creating the enemies, but in this case it's not, meaning I can't allow people to use a forge because I don't want the forge to be part of the level.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

TrickyPlayer

Here's what happens when you do nothing. I thought it might be interesting to show this.
What do you think, will the starter base survive on it's own, or will it fail?
Don't actually say what your prediction is at the forums, just comment at the video.

hypnotic22

i did enjoy the map unfortunate i never did try out the script part of the map, i was reacting to something on the discord, but that said completing the map before it activated was a lot of fun.
covering the back emitters in Digi might have made my strategy to slow.
love the start base! it gave me a good foothold to push out and get PZ Berthas asap.  ;)