Started by AutoPost, September 20, 2020, 07:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8893: Casual map

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 120x80

Desc:

ActionLuzifer

I'm wondering how to destroy the structures in the down right corner of the map?
After terping the little piece of land i can place a nullifier, but have no access to energy. Or i can place and connect a relay there, but then there is no place for a nullifier.

Twi

I thought you might be meant to fly the Command Node over to charge the nullifier, but I tried that, and the closest path I could manage still wasn't close enough, so this one has me stumped.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Martin Gronsdal

I didn't use to know the solution myself. But it's easy. Try to move certain objects to make them reach your nullifier

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: ActionLuzifer on September 20, 2020, 10:00:12 AM
I'm wondering how to destroy the structures in the down right corner of the map?
After terping the little piece of land i can place a nullifier, but have no access to energy. Or i can place and connect a relay there, but then there is no place for a nullifier.

spoiler contains solution, if you want to try yourself don't click it!
Spoiler

A command node (CN) on a power zone has an extremely high connecting radius in which it can build things. I mentioned this at an earlier level and apparently Martin Gronsdal thought it would be funny to actually use this rare knowledge in a level. Try placing your CN on the PZ closest to the inhibitor, it should work.

Please don't make levels that only people with certain knowledge can win. Not even 20% of all players have placed an CN on a PZ before I think. That's why I think it's fair to mention it.
[close]
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Martin Gronsdal

I'd prefer comments that solve maps to be placed in spoilers.

Twi

I think it's bugged, because  if you already have the nullifier down when you move the CN onto the PZ, it doesn't connect. You have to place a new nullifier for it register and connect, for some reason, which definitely did not help because I tried that several times not knowing that I could just delete and replace the nullifier and it would have worked :(
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Martin Gronsdal

That actually happened to me too, when I played to upload

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on September 20, 2020, 11:28:08 AM
That actually happened to me too, when I played to upload

It's a known bug, but because no levels (should) ever force someone to use a power zone command node connection, it hasn't been patched yet.

Martin Gronsdal, nobody ever uses a PZ command node. Because of that it's ok if there is a single bug with it not connecting properly to existing structures. You could try asking knuckle cracker to fix this bug in the next CW3 update, but don't ping them with it (pings are annoying)
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

marvinitfox

Quote from: Twi on September 20, 2020, 11:18:53 AM
I think it's bugged, because  if you already have the nullifier down when you move the CN onto the PZ, it doesn't connect. You have to place a new nullifier for it register and connect, for some reason, which definitely did not help because I tried that several times not knowing that I could just delete and replace the nullifier and it would have worked :(

Or for some, it just does not work. At all.
Is this bug/feature/exploit version specific?
Spoiler

tried putting CN first, putting nullifier then CN, same result.
does.not.connect.
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

Stupid question maybe: is the CN centrally on the PZ?

Johnny Haywire

Cool map - I actually was stumped for a few seconds when I got to the end then I noticed how much space was there.

And I've never noticed that bug... perhaps because I never pre-build things. But that's an interesting bug to note. Learn something new every day   ;)

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?