Custom Map #8889: Mitts Alt - 1. By: -

Started by AutoPost, September 16, 2020, 11:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard333

Quote from: - on September 17, 2020, 12:05:25 AM
This one has some issues, but it's probably playable.
Spoiler

-Inhibitor tends to die if AC gets near it; this typically happens after capturing a command node.
-Higher walls take a lot of ammo to break, lower walls are easier to dig through.
-I still haven't figured out how to capture the top right base without using the portal, just because of the cliffs.
Spoiler

If memory serves, points bonuses are roughly as follows:
While Mitts is alive:
Command Node destroyed: +1000
All Command Nodes: +2000, this is a victory condition.
Inhibitors alive at victory: +1000 each
Mitts dies: -5000,
Spoiler
This triggers a cleanup mission.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Instructions; since I forgot them in the map.
Spoiler

:SkillCheck
   <-space <-leftMouse or if
Hold the Left Mouse, or the Space Bar to use a skill.
Press the numbers at the top of the keyboard, or click a button on screen to select a skill.
Q and E also cycle through the skills.

Skills:
Button 1, Emitter. Produces the normal amount of Creeper in exchange for 1 ammo. Hold the button down and this happens every frame. Save up ammo then hold the button for a burst of creeper.

Button 2, Spore. Requires 5+ ammo, and fires all ammo at once. More ammo means a larger payload.

Button 3, Not a Shield? Heals 1 health per ammo spent while holding the button down. This was supposed to be a shield but healing works too, probably.

Button 4, Jump. Portal Icon. If ammo is greater than the distance to the pointer, there's a clear line of sight, and you click, Mitts will jump to the pointer. Try to stay on high ground, there's usually an advantage up there.

Button 5, Tunnel. Has the funny box icon from the junction unit.  This tries to break through walls instead of climbing them. The cost is roughly the height of the terrain you want to break, cubed, minus creeper height. I think anyway; if Mitts is level 20 the cost is halved, roughly? 30 cost is one third, etc.
Tunnel does not require the mouse to be held down; but you need to ram into a wall until it activates instead.
Holding the mouse down while running over low bumpy terrain may result in flat ground.

Button 0, Upgrade. Spends ammo to level up Mitts. This is in addition to chipLevel from chip towers. The ammo cost is equal to the current bonus level squared, you'll probably just see the ammo bar drop if the skill works. There's no special effects here, but it's kind of a needed skill. Use it while you can.

Notes:
Zoom out to see the whole map if you want to click chip towers that are far away, since the camera is stuck on Mitts.
Spore towers can be aimed, probably. Just watch for beams where you're aiming. When the level is high enough, spores might be able to take a bit of damage before they fall.
Mitts can move through + Junctions, just make sure you're lined up with the center.
[close]

Took the top right base first, terrain destruction and emitter mode (5 and 1) allow you to hop up to higher terrain, ended up just sitting on cliffs throughout the map.

Oblits

Managed to beat it as creeper and keep both inhibitors alive:

I focused on getting both command nodes as fast as possible and energy starving the last command node on the left.

DWCW3

Why do you just stop generating ammo for long periods of time?

TheBlackKoala

I really enjoyed the style.
I think that the late game of the map is solely geared towards speedrunners but the mode is definitely something i would LOVE to see more of! :D

Fluffologica

At first this map frustrated me because of the poor instructions. Then I found good instructions here. Then this map frustrated me because you have to go fast and prevent the loss of the two inhibitors or the game becomes an impossible(?) slog to win. That said, I loved the concept and the gameplay. I hope to see more maps like this.

EDIT: I've since gotten addicted and managed a Creeper victory at 18:19