Custom Map #8889: Mitts Alt - 1. By: -

Started by AutoPost, September 16, 2020, 11:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8889: Mitts Alt - 1

Author: -
Size: 155x155

Desc:
WASD, or Arrow Keys, play as an emitter! Take out the Command Nodes to win. It’s a umm, concept test? Mitts is the Emitter one controls directly. It’s got some skills that might be needed, and fancy, mildly glitchy, buttons to go with them. Some units updated a bit since AltEmitter 5, but they’re meant to work on the Creeper team now. Bonus points for each Command Node taken down, lose points if Mitts dies.

-

This one has some issues, but it's probably playable.
Spoiler

-Inhibitor tends to die if AC gets near it; this typically happens after capturing a command node.
-Higher walls take a lot of ammo to break, lower walls are easier to dig through.
-I still haven't figured out how to capture the top right base without using the portal, just because of the cliffs.
Spoiler

If memory serves, points bonuses are roughly as follows:
While Mitts is alive:
Command Node destroyed: +1000
All Command Nodes: +2000, this is a victory condition.
Inhibitors alive at victory: +1000 each
Mitts dies: -5000,
Spoiler
This triggers a cleanup mission.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Instructions; since I forgot them in the map.
Spoiler

:SkillCheck
   <-space <-leftMouse or if
Hold the Left Mouse, or the Space Bar to use a skill.
Press the numbers at the top of the keyboard, or click a button on screen to select a skill.
Q and E also cycle through the skills.

Skills:
Button 1, Emitter. Produces the normal amount of Creeper in exchange for 1 ammo. Hold the button down and this happens every frame. Save up ammo then hold the button for a burst of creeper.

Button 2, Spore. Requires 5+ ammo, and fires all ammo at once. More ammo means a larger payload.

Button 3, Not a Shield? Heals 1 health per ammo spent while holding the button down. This was supposed to be a shield but healing works too, probably.

Button 4, Jump. Portal Icon. If ammo is greater than the distance to the pointer, there's a clear line of sight, and you click, Mitts will jump to the pointer. Try to stay on high ground, there's usually an advantage up there.

Button 5, Tunnel. Has the funny box icon from the junction unit.  This tries to break through walls instead of climbing them. The cost is roughly the height of the terrain you want to break, cubed, minus creeper height. I think anyway; if Mitts is level 20 the cost is halved, roughly? 30 cost is one third, etc.
Tunnel does not require the mouse to be held down; but you need to ram into a wall until it activates instead.
Holding the mouse down while running over low bumpy terrain may result in flat ground.

Button 0, Upgrade. Spends ammo to level up Mitts. This is in addition to chipLevel from chip towers. The ammo cost is equal to the current bonus level squared, you'll probably just see the ammo bar drop if the skill works. There's no special effects here, but it's kind of a needed skill. Use it while you can.

Notes:
Zoom out to see the whole map if you want to click chip towers that are far away, since the camera is stuck on Mitts.
Spore towers can be aimed, probably. Just watch for beams where you're aiming. When the level is high enough, spores might be able to take a bit of damage before they fall.
Mitts can move through + Junctions, just make sure you're lined up with the center.
[close]

yum-forum

ScriptMaster Hyphen so creative! Good lu, Sir!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

What are the speical weps and how do you use them? Could dow ith archived transmissions, you cant even see them by restartng.

D0m0nik

Also do you need to hold the mouse down to create creeper?

marvinitfox

GAme concept: 10/10
graphics: 10/10
originality: 10/10
instruction manual -17943/10

D0m0nik

I don't really get the controls and a bug just caused Mits to vear off into a nulifier, completely lost control of it.

yum-forum

Quote from: marvinitfox on September 17, 2020, 07:23:34 AM

Absolutely agree!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

-

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 17, 2020, 07:09:16 AM
What are the speical weps and how do you use them? Could dow ith archived transmissions, you cant even see them by restartng.
Try hovering the mouse over Mitts and press H on the keyboard.

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 17, 2020, 07:15:04 AM
Also do you need to hold the mouse down to create creeper?
Creeper should be produced normally at all times. Holding the mouse with the skill should produce extra though.

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 17, 2020, 07:30:21 AM
I don't really get the controls and a bug just caused Mits to vear off into a nulifier, completely lost control of it.
That's strange, usually Mitts does what I tell it to.

Quote from: yum-forum on September 17, 2020, 09:06:19 AM

Quote from: marvinitfox on September 17, 2020, 07:23:34 AM
Absolutely agree!
I laughed at this.

If there's another one I'll start by adding tooltips to the buttons. ... Or maybe a button that brings up the instructions.

marvinitfox

A couple of questions to the creator:

What causes stuff to spontaneously revert to AC? No, not AC overrun, not the AC spore blob...

Why does the helptext on an enemy emitter say "flood with AC to convert"?

How does one know what upgrade affects what tower(s)?

Why will some emitters not convert to creep, even when drowned in >12 deep creep for more than 30 seconds? (long enough for bertha to see this new suspicious pile of creep, target it, and shoot at it. Twice)

-

Quote from: marvinitfox on September 17, 2020, 10:32:36 AM
A couple of questions to the creator:

What causes stuff to spontaneously revert to AC? No, not AC overrun, not the AC spore blob...

Why does the helptext on an enemy emitter say "flood with AC to convert"?

How does one know what upgrade affects what tower(s)?

Why will some emitters not convert to creep, even when drowned in >12 deep creep for more than 30 seconds? (long enough for bertha to see this new suspicious pile of creep, target it, and shoot at it. Twice)
Q1: Things are just turning back? Spore towers drop their payload when converted I think, but if it's not that... possibly a glitch?
Hmm... if a creeper emitter has full ammo and it's clicked on it might turn to AC. This wasn't patched very well, but ammo should drain every cycle if emitters are creeper controlled.
Q2: I took the last AltEmitter map as the starting point for this one. Tooltips weren't really changed to reflect the player's team yet. It's a umm, feature?
Q3: Chip upgrades? The tower effects all emitters and spore towers with the same state. So, if the chip tower is flooded with creeper it will benefit creeper emitters. If it's flooded with AC it will benefit AC emitters. Lose a chip tower and the levels will benefit the other team until it's recaptured.
Q4: No conversion when drowned? High level emitters take more creep to convert, and they produce more so that offsets what you're making. If they're on high ground creep flows away quickly too. Other than that... I'm not sure.

Hopefully that helps.

Anyway, I'm out of time for now, instructions added to my first post.

D0m0nik

Is it possible to beat this map as the creeper? The depth of AC at the bottom of the map seems to become unmanageable as it takes ages to get your emitter up to a decent level in order to deal with 200 deep AC. This map has me very well stumped. Well done for an intersting concept but a little confusing and frustrating at the same time!!

Riskbreaker

Mitts has been working hard...i'll try again after lunch, since i feel i havent made proper use of the upgrade skill and kept trying to push over using creeper burst.

that botton is quite the wall to get through...i ended up in the same position as d0m0nik, so i'll try to get there faster...and handle the right side too, since i felt like the AC flood comes from there...

edit:  had a lot of fun with this concept, even though i kinda failed...i hope there's more of this

D0m0nik

Beat it in the end as creeper but not really sure how. Heading south fast is key but concentrate on the very bottom left with your spore special wep.

Riskbreaker

i actually forgot Mitts has spores too lol