Custom Map #8880: Smallest BCSM. By: TrickyCorp

Started by AutoPost, September 12, 2020, 05:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8880: Smallest BCSM

Author: TrickyCorp
Size: 20x21

Desc:
This gives a different meaning to the phrase 'micro level', doesn't it? good luck and have fun! Yeah, these weapons are a little bit too big to help you properly...

TrickyPlayer

I should probably call this SSM so that people don't find this while they search for CSM. SSM stands for (Simplified CSM)(Style)(Map) and should have less lag than CSM levels. I could also just keep calling this BCSM. How do you people think about this? BCSM or SSM?

By the way, was it doable to read the emitter stats? :P
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Johnny Haywire

HA! Totally cool map, dude!

I love that you don't even have to land the CN to win this map  :o  (Try it, it's fun!)

Remember the days when you were like 4-5 years old and you ran water out of a hose and tried to build a dam out of clay and a makeshift waterwheel which would turn a crankshaft that was attached to a pulley that would lift up your G.I. Joe out of the mud? This game is a lot like that, except without the pulley or G.I. Joe action figure. And it's not nearly as messy.

So yeah, you can totally remove all the weapons & modules out of this map and it's still totally do-able. And the 450-strength emitter really isn't that difficult to take down once you surround it with AC. Don't let the big numbers scare you. And yes, the numbers were quite clear and it was pretty straightforward how to use the super-terp.

Thanks for this map! Great job!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Twi

Very interesting!

Although, getting pixel-perfect terrain modding with your cursor is a bit of a pain :')
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Johnny Haywire

HA HA! Yeah, I messed up once and created terrain at the wrong time and in the wrong place.  :-[  Hate having to restart.

This is one map where I actually condone saving the game every now and then. Just in case. :o
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Ligas

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on September 12, 2020, 05:29:24 AM
. How do you people think about this? BCSM or SSM?

BCSM has CSM in it so it will still come up when CSM is searched for. So SSM would be better

Altren

Really nice Micro map. Even though it was easy I love the concept, keep them coming.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Ligas on September 13, 2020, 04:13:49 AM
BCSM has CSM in it so it will still come up when CSM is searched for. So SSM would be better

I can also go with TSM (trickycorp style map) but maybe that doesn't give enough credit to the original creators of CSM. Time to vote again :P
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Twi

Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Hurk

I should probably call this SSM so that people don't find this while they search for CSM. SSM stands for (Simplified CSM)(Style)(Map) and should have less lag than CSM levels. I could also just keep calling this BCSM. How do you people think about this? BCSM or SSM?

if you are going to create maps with special requirements, please add a note in game and dont force people to come to the forums to learn what the hell the trick is. its not fun. its frustrating.

teknotiss

Quote from: Hurk on March 12, 2021, 12:12:15 AM

if you are going to create maps with special requirements, please add a note in game and dont force people to come to the forums to learn what the hell the trick is. its not fun. its frustrating.

well to be fair to Tricky this style of map has been around for a while now, so i doubt they thought it needed to give a guide.

you are always welcome to ask questions in the forums about maps etc, and people are usually pretty quick to respond and helpful here!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Marinero

:(   ......missing something?????How can I create terrain without a TERP???? :-\

Riskbreaker

Quote from: Marinero on April 22, 2021, 02:47:55 PM
:(   ......missing something?????How can I create terrain without a TERP???? :-\

read archived transmission