New Scoring?

Started by chwooly, July 13, 2016, 11:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

Has the game been updated to not allow scoring unless you complete a map?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Ovalcircle

No, it's still download, quit, and rate 1.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

chwooly

Nope, That is not possible for me, and I never just quit and rate 1, I do give a map a fair shake before I give it a 1
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

This debate is circular. We have a system, and know the flaws. Let us leave it at that.

Caveat: If you ever make (or have made) a game which uses ratings, feel free to try another system, and recommend it if it works.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

chwooly

I was giving this some thought, Maybe if the rating system stayed the same but in addition to the numbers it actually had a description. Such as

10) would play again
9) really great map
8 ) great map
7) good map
6) liked the map
5) I have seen better
4) too large
3) too much lag
2) too hard couldn't get enough energy
1) too hard couldn't finish.

Then not only do you get the score but you also get some kind of explanation as to why it was rated as it was. This would help the map makers and give the player a better way to chose the scoring.  The labels of course would have to be tweaked but this is just the general idea.
― Robert A. Heinlein

J

Quote from: chwooly on July 14, 2016, 07:16:08 PM
10) would play again
9) really great map
-snip-
1) too hard couldn't finish.
"Really great map, but it was a bit too hard for me so I couldn't finish it"

Difficulty should not be reflected in the ratings. Perhaps a voting reason could be added, with options such as "Difficulty", "Replayability" and "Beauty" (or a text input field) so the author knows why a map is rated badly and can filter out the votings based on difficulty.

chwooly

Just for the record, If you disable autosave and leave a game that you have not finished you will not be able to rate said game. Ratings seem to only be available on maps that you have either completed or have a save game of.
― Robert A. Heinlein