Creeper World Game Idea

Started by Shockblast DX, March 30, 2016, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shockblast DX

You know, I mean floating by actually floating. You know, being able to go underneath it and such.

GoodMorning

Yes, but how do you intend to indicate "settle on", as opposed to "go under", in commands? I understand the "floating" concept. (Also can float above Creeper, while not getting any on it. Don't try putting Collectors there, they won't work properly.)

The conclusion I come to is that it's possible in CRPL, but that Particle Fleet will likely have come out before we finish.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Shockblast DX

There's one thing that I've really been wanting to see...the ability to rotate the map. Any comments?

Karsten75

Quote from: Shockblast DX on May 05, 2016, 06:04:51 PM
There's one thing that I've really been wanting to see...the ability to rotate the map. Any comments?
Not many games implement such a feature.

GoodMorning

There's little point, unless someone has CRPL blocking something and it's not built to account for that. So, it's really just a recipe for bugs.

Shockblast DX

There's two things that I want in this game no matter what. Slopes, and the return of the Micro Rift from CW2.

Any feedback on these?

Builder17

What you are meaning by slopes? And micro rift is very hard to do at least in CRPL.  :(

GoodMorning

Micro Rift = CRPL-aided Guppy?
Slopes = Graduated terrain changes = Terrain levels?

Shockblast DX

In every Creeper World, I've always wondered about one thing: slopes.

Any comments there?

GoodMorning

Still unsure what you mean...

Shockblast DX

I mean slopes. Terrain that slants up or down to another level. Where two different heights line up as one location.
That's what I mean.
I'm a little bit tired of the entire thing being cliffs, and I think that we should have something where the levels meet smoothly, so we can place units on those.

Cliffs can stay, but the entire thing was vertically serrated (in a sense). Somethings need to be smoother.

GoodMorning

Agreed, but difficult (nay impossible) to make without lag.

Shockblast DX

There are ways to do it without lag, but they are so simple, people overlook them. Think of what I'm saying in some way, and you will be congratulated.

Builder17

Way to do it totally without CRPL somehow?  ???

And that lag is caused of what in harder way?  :-\

GoodMorning

It's more core mechanic replication. And I was thinking of a higher resolution terrain. But using slopes rather than cliffs could work well, and I realised immediately how to work it better... It shouldn't lag, but I am occasionally (often) overcomplicated in approaches, due to try ing to do it right, immediately, rather than good enough.