Abramican hints please?

Started by Kruztee, June 23, 2014, 10:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kruztee

I'm trying to beat the Prospector mission on Abramican in S100_6.
Can anyone give me some advice?

The only option that I can see that is available to me is to take the top platform. But there's not enough space for me to build enough reactors and defence to hold off the creeper in time. I *almost* got to equilibrium on my last play with 3 mortars, 2 turrets and about 7 reactors, but just ran out of space. I tried shifting a turret down into the creeper, but it only just was destroyed before clearing a small area around it. I couldn't move it back onto the landing platform since I was using that space to build a reactor.

I might just need to tweak my build order by one or two things, but I am sick of this level and just want to clear it...

4xC

Be aggresive with your initial CN placement, build collectors and reactors as you need them, build PC's where they are needed most, don't hesitate to let a CN take some heat, and by the last screenshot, you should have it in the bag.

Besides, if you are playing on Steam, focus on getting the artifacts more than winning the worlds that do not have inhibitors.
C,C,C,C

Mefi

I don't remember what I did but from screens I see is best to start in top right corner.  Ten move down hugging edge of map to smallest creeper nest. Set there mortar in PZ and catch another then road is quite easy. Tho I prefer more mortars than what is on screens so I would terp wall next to center landing pad so I don't need to hold it with 3 cannons just one mortar.

Karsten75

Here's mine... Slower, I was kind of not focusing on the game.

Kruztee

Wow, thanks for the advice - and screenshots to boot - cheers! ;)

The difference is quite obviously the aggressive placement of all 3 CNs. I'll give it another go tonight.

EDIT: Just another shout out to those awesome players who helped. Was able to beat the mission tonight in about 30 minutes  :D

Karsten75

Here's a little more respectable score. :)

JamesP

I just did this level today. Pretty taxing.

I think I MAY be able get it down to ~8mins finish using the same general approach with some more attempts (this one was 8.55).

I would be interested to see how/if other people have beaten it faster using a different approach; especially in regard to the use of the Mass AoO since I think they are difficult to use well (compared to freeze and convert).

I play prospector zone for speed, mainly. Tend to aim for Tex's times, since he appears near the top of the leader board and has played many maps.